Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Interesting times now. His support in terms of Gerrard is gone. Did he sign because of Gerrard only, or did he sign for the club? He either downs tools completely, or ups his game under whoever is the new manager now.

17 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Interesting times now. His support in terms of Gerrard is gone. Did he sign because of Gerrard only, or did he sign for the club? He either downs tools completely, or ups his game under whoever is the new manager now.

Maybe another reason to hope it’s Poch as we know that relationship works.

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Christ only knows what happens here. Let’s not kid ourselves in thinking he came here for the love of the club or the desire to play for Aston Villa. He’s here because of Gerrard. 

I don’t know how this one plays out. 

Who would want him? 

Washed up player. 

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Who would want him? 

Washed up player. 

Nobody is taking the likes of Ings, Digne, Coutinho off us, simply because they’re paid staggeringly well. They’ll probably retire here now and we’ll pay them millions for the privilege.

I still think Coutinho and Digne have something to give but they were daft signings given the sums of money at play, especially as they have no resale value. 

We’re not in a good place right now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

He is another James Rodriguez, he can pick his tools up all he wants, they are blunt now.

Along with Gerrard was happy for him to get a chance this season, unfortunately you could see last season he’s not a shadow of what he was. 

Just now, Nicho said:

He is another James Rodriguez, he can pick his tools up all he wants, they are blunt now.

Along with Gerrard was happy for him to get a chance this season, unfortunately you could see last season he’s not a shadow of what he was. 

Very expensive and dead money mistake to make them!

Will be interesting to see if he sparks back into life for a new manager. I am sure he will get a chance based on past performance and reputation. A quick decision required as part of the downfall of the last manager was continuing to preserve with him when not delivering the goods.

MLS Villa next?

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Of all the players who don’t follow Gerrard on Instagram, I was surprised to see that Phil doesn’t. 

He didn't come here for Gerrard and all that crap about players signing for Gerrard needs to end.

He came here because it's the PL where he made his name and because we're the only club that would give him a 4 year deal on 125k a week.

Granted, he took a huge pay cut to come here but that was the only club that would even come close to paying him a huge contract anymore at a good level.

Edited by rodders0223

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Christ only knows what happens here. Let’s not kid ourselves in thinking he came here for the love of the club or the desire to play for Aston Villa. He’s here because of Gerrard. 

I don’t know how this one plays out. 

I think the total opposite. He might have come here because of Gerrard but I dont think he liked where and how he was playing him.

A new manager might actually get the best out of him. I think we'll see a new man shortly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I think the total opposite. He might have come here because of Gerrard but I dont think he liked where and how he was playing him.

A new manager might actually get the best out of him. I think we'll see a new man shortly.

Can't wait for Dyche to put his arm round him and whisper into his ear with his gravelly northern charm

"Now Phil, I don't want non of that fancy bollocks, we don't do flicks and step overs round these parts. You get the ball, you pass it, you run, .you elbow your marker, kick the defender in the shins then wallop the ball in the sprout bag."

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lochheads twin said:

Will be interesting to see if he sparks back into life for a new manager. I am sure he will get a chance based on past performance and reputation. A quick decision required as part of the downfall of the last manager was continuing to preserve with him when not delivering the goods.

MLS Villa next?

Let’s sell him to the Vegas Villains for £100,000,000. 😜 FPP money laundering!

If he is only here because he wanted to play for Gerrard then if this season that his him playing for a manager then I dread to think how poor he is now going to be.

As with the rest of our forward players Gerrard failed to get anything like the best out of him and I'd be confident a good coach/manager will get far more from this group and that includes Coutinho. 

Edited by markavfc40

Coutinho seems a decent guy and seems friendly with some of the Soutg American players so I dont see him downing tools

Truth is nobody wanted him and thats why he is here. Maybe a competent manager can get something out of him but I think the body is done at the highest level

Â