Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Phil and his wife getting into the Villa spirit!

Screenshot_20220117_223223_com.instagram.android~01.jpg

He looks right at home, something I thing is very important to him. Magnificent debut, cannot wait till he is up to speed. It probably hasn't sunk to many yet but he is one of the best players this club has ever had. All goes well and we have an absolute gem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

He looks right at home, something I thing is very important to him. Magnificent debut, cannot wait till he is up to speed. It probably hasn't sunk to many yet but he is one of the best players this club has ever had. All goes well and we have an absolute gem.

Something is missing from your comment.

9 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

That photo was from their stopover at a hotel in Paris on the way here, so let’s hope not! 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

You can guarantee literally every top half premier league manager will have watched his performance and be unable to reconcile the fact that this player is Villa's for as long as Villa want him

No no no.  He's only on loan.  I've heard every single pundit repeat that over.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I know it makes me sound about 104, but can we have a song for him without 'f*****' in it every other verse.

Agree , it’s bad enough with the crowd effing and ceeing about players in front of kids , teaching them songs like this ,no thanks

3 minutes ago, Chine said:

Agree , it’s bad enough with the crowd effing and ceeing about players in front of kids , teaching them songs like this ,no thanks

I obviously dont mind the traditional songs that have been around for decades like My old man, SOTC etc. But Coutinho is the new hero to a load of the kids in the ground. Would be good for them to be able to sing his song.

I really like that tune for his song though, could play it before games.

13 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I obviously dont mind the traditional songs that have been around for decades like My old man, SOTC etc. But Coutinho is the new hero to a load of the kids in the ground. Would be good for them to be able to sing his song.

I really like that tune for his song though, could play it before games.

I got my education in cussing at Villa Park. Don’t knock it, i’d be f***ing naked without it.

• Like 2

Finally managed to catch up in full on this thread, it’s took me 10 days on and off, so good work!

I still can’t quite believe he’s here, and of course he got the equaliser. Incredible, the atmosphere in the Holte, and the ground in general was insane when he scored, and for the remaining minutes after. 

Make no mistake, this signing is massive. On and off the pitch. I’m like a kid, can’t stop smiling. What a time to be a Villa fan!

On 16/01/2022 at 23:50, Keyblade said:

That is an insane image. Imagine showing that to a Villa fan in 2019 even.

I think even showing it in November 2021 would have risked you being accused of living in La-La-land.

One key thing that comes over is that Coutinho is a real gent - an absolute sweetie without a massive ego like players of his ability often develop.

Imagine being Jacob Ramsey and finding you are suddenly playing alongside him in the team.

Happy days.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Incredible, the atmosphere in the Holte, and the ground in general was insane when he scored, and for the remaining minutes after. 
Make no mistake, this signing is massive. On and off the pitch. I’m like a kid, can’t stop smiling. What a time to be a Villa fan!

Also after the match, i heard a few people singing his name outside the ground.

• Like 1

Â