Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

cus if u watch closely, you will see Fred kicked the ball away from him, straight to Ramsey, who then scored.

It didnt go down as an assist officially either.

doesnt rly matter, he still had a hand in the goal, scored and just his presence lifted the players on the pitch, was a great debut regardless :P

I trawled through redcafe match thread for lols and they were saying Fred 2 assists. Didn't notice until reading that

He’s loving it here judging by his Instagram - kudos to all the fans bringing Brazilian flags. What a moment that goal was. What a player. Can’t wait until he’s fully fit and we can continue to see those talents. 

• Thanks 1

Coming out of the ground yesterday my boy just looked in shock and said ‘dad I can’t believe we’ve just saw Phillip Coutinho at Villa Park, wearing a Villa top’

Tbh I’m 43 and I’m still pinching myself. 

32 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s loving it here judging by his Instagram - kudos to all the fans bringing Brazilian flags. What a moment that goal was. What a player. Can’t wait until he’s fully fit and we can continue to see those talents. 

Must have been a great feeling being welcomed like that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Watch Watkins in that clip and when he leaves the embrace, he is not a happy chap. Does not seem part of that celebration at all. An where the hell was he for for the goal?

Please tell me if I'm looking far to into it.

He ran to the scrum to celebrate but the game wasn't won.  Best not to get to high emotionally when more of the game has to be played.  Think it was more than appropriate. People were using this as a stick to slate Buendia just a couple games ago. Always a nothing comment. 

Coutinho tapped the badge after he scored. Guess he must be about to sign a 4 year deal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

He ran to the scrum to celebrate but the game wasn't won.  Best not to get to high emotionally when more of the game has to be played.  Think it was more than appropriate. People were using this as a stick to slate Buendia just a couple games ago. Always a nothing comment. 

Coutinho tapped the badge after he scored. Guess he must be about to sign a 4 year deal. 

When you act differently to every other player it's shows your a bit of a individual.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

When you act differently to every other player it's shows your a bit of a individual.

He didn't though. Even took the time after the initial celebration to congratulate Coutinho before heading back for the restart. 

If I was an Olympic judge I would give it a solid 7/10 which is better than his performance on the pitch has been lately. If you wanna have a go at him then just talk about that. 

3 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

He didn't though. Even took the time after the initial celebration to congratulate Coutinho before heading back for the restart. 

If I was an Olympic judge I would give it a solid 7/10 which is better than his performance on the pitch has been lately. If you wanna have a go at him then just talk about that. 

Where was he for Coutinho's goal, he should have been in that area.

59 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

blimey, looking at his Instagram, this lad is going to raise our profile massively.

I really hope he signs for us permanently, he will help us so much to attract the next level of player(s).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

blimey, looking at his Instagram, this lad is going to raise our profile massively.

I really hope he signs for us permanently, he will help us so much to attract the next level of player(s).

I checked the Villa Facebook page yesterday at kick off. It was at 3.586m likes. I just checked now and it's 3.595m likes. Not a bad lift overnight. 

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

And he has 24 million followers, more than all our other players and the club added together.  

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yep - his post-match post had over 1m likes again.

Â