Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

25 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

The third most expensive transfer of all time plays for Aston Villa. That is hard to believe.

Still can't quite get my head around it. It's actually ridiculous. When I bought the Man U tickets last year and if someone then told me Coutinho would be making his debut... well its insanity. To be honest my thinking was I would like to see Ronaldo play at Villa Park! Got little Phil instead lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I am already wishing that we’d signed him permanently. He’s 100% still got it. Man Utd were absolutely bricking it yesterday every time he was on the ball. The next few months are going to be great fun.

The way I see it, he’s ours unless something goes wrong or he doesn’t perform as expected. The way I look at the option to buy is we have first dibs but can back out if we want to…

So he’s ours and is gonna light it up! 🤣

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

blimey, looking at his Instagram, this lad is going to raise our profile massively.

I really hope he signs for us permanently, he will help us so much to attract the next level of player(s).

We were the top headline of the footy section on every major sports website around the world yesterday... 

"Coutinho scores on his Aston Villa debut and inspires 2-2 comeback against Man U".

When we've typically beaten the "big boys" in the past the narrative has always been about how off the opposition was that day, but today it was all about Coutinho.  He's going to be our Robinho if he signs permanently for us this summer.  

• Like 1

Given the career he's had and his status etc, his attitude could easily be "turn up for 5 months, get fit and get a move to a more glamorous club before the World Cup"

Just watched Ramsey's goal again - that'd be Coutinho sprinting into the net to grab the ball afterwards...

He's up for it. We've got a new hero.

Edited by StewieGriffin
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Given the career he's had and his status etc, his attitude could easily be "turn up for 5 months, get fit and get a move to a more glamorous club"

Just watched Ramsey's goal again - that'd be Coutinho sprinting into the net to grab the ball afterwards...

He's up for it. We've got a new hero.

Do players usually move their families buy a house find a new school for the kids on short term loans? By the looks of it he’s planning long term.

So his first few touches were getting tackled, missing a pass, and scuffing in a corner. 

But just his sheer presence on the pitch had Man U scrambling and each of our players raising their game by another 10-15%. It was such a noticeable difference.

Then, as he settled, the positions he was taking and his movement opened up a lot more options. 

This is one of the small, but major differences between Coutinho (and Buendia tbf) and other players we have. Usually, the ball would have been shifted wide to Digne from this position. A little turn around the corner to Carney for a 1-2 opens up the attack and leads to Ramsey goal. 

*Chef's kiss*

Screenshot_20220116-161753_2.jpg

• Like 4

His goal wasn't as easy as you'd first think. De Gea did everything he could and got in the way, but Coutinho was able to realign his feet and chip it over Gea. Many others would've hit de Gea from there.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, May-Z said:

So his first few touches were getting tackled, missing a pass, and scuffing in a corner. 

But just his sheer presence on the pitch had Man U scrambling and each of our players raising their game by another 10-15%. It was such a noticeable difference.

Then, as he settled, the positions he was taking and his movement opened up a lot more options. 

This is one of the small, but major differences between Coutinho (and Buendia tbf) and other players we have. Usually, the ball would have been shifted wide to Digne from this position. A little turn around the corner to Carney for a 1-2 opens up the attack and leads to Ramsey goal. 

*Chef's kiss*

Another thing to spot there... look at Carney - wants the ball because he knows he's in a more dangerous position than Digne

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I’m kinda surprised that he genuinely does seem happy to be with us. Thought that even if he turned his career around he’d be a bit miffed that it’s in a Villa top.

Really already love this guy. 

I think he also really loves and respects SG though, can't be understated.

Seems SG loves him to bits as well.

I mean in relation to his happiness.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

Another thing to spot there... look at Carney - wants the ball because he knows he's in a more dangerous position than Digne

It's just an all-round good goal. 

Shows Carney's confidence...and the position he is in is not by accident, that's good work during training.

Digne's position also draws the attention of the RB who's body position is awful because of it.

It's why I feel Gerrard is going to take us places. 

10 minutes ago, May-Z said:

It's just an all-round good goal. 

Shows Carney's confidence...and the position he is in is not by accident, that's good work during training.

Digne's position also draws the attention of the RB who's body position is awful because of it.

It's why I feel Gerrard is going to take us places. 

Would also add Mings being in the box would have caused confusion.

Edited by Jono62
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, May-Z said:

*Chef's kiss*

Agree totally and it’s also about having the ability to work in those tight spaces. Coutinho, Buendia, Ramsey, Douglas Luiz and Carney all have it now in that central block behind the strikers - all great close control with both feet. We have missed that since Grealish went (thinking of for example the one he and Barkley worked against Arsenal). Very promising.

• Like 1

Â