Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

23 hours ago, nick76 said:

Have to say I loved the YouTube video, how gutted Man U fans were of Coutinho

This is the best video I've seen on YT for a while.   From smug to mug in a couple of minutes lol

• Like 2

On 19/01/2022 at 08:35, It's Your Round said:

It’s another thing I don’t really get about modern times, it’s similar to watching people playing computer games online, or unboxing videos. I don’t get it. 

Watching people play highly competitive games with high skill ceilings to an elite level is really no different to watching football on TV. If you've ever played those games you can appreciate the level of skill needed to play them well, just like any sport.

Unboxing videos remain a mystery though.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

Watching people play highly competitive games with high skill ceilings to an elite level is really no different to watching football on TV. If you've ever played those games you can appreciate the level of skill needed to play them well, just like any sport.

To be fair, while some video game steamers are watchable because they’re astonishingly skilful, a lot of streamers aren’t actually particularly skilled - they’re just entertaining in some way. People watch them to see someone they think is funny / interesting, the game is just there as a way to generate things to talk about.

I think football streamers go in the second category. I assume it’s like watching a football match with a mate who is equally passionate about your team as you are. Not that many of the people on that video seemed to be people you’d want to be mates with - but Man U fans probably have different brains to the rest of us anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greenfly said:

Sounds like someone hasn't had the pleasure of watching competitive pro Rocket League on twitch yet. It's one helluva rush and even more entertaining if you play the game as well. I agree with you that it's just like watching football on TV mate.

I completely agree on unboxing videos hahaha. It's a total mystery.

31 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

To be fair, while some video game steamers are watchable because they’re astonishingly skilful, a lot of streamers aren’t actually particularly skilled - they’re just entertaining in some way. People watch them to see someone they think is funny / interesting, the game is just there as a way to generate things to talk about.

I think football streamers go in the second category. I assume it’s like watching a football match with a mate who is equally passionate about your team as you are. Not that many of the people on that video seemed to be people you’d want to be mates with - but Man U fans probably have different brains to the rest of us anyway.

Yeah some of the best streamers are non-pros because of their personality while also not being terrible at the game (or sometimes god awful which is also funny). A lot of pro-players in e-sports stream as well and you can learn a lot from their decision-making a lot of the times which is useful if you play the game yourself and want to get better at it.

Bottomline: streaming games is valid entertainment imo

• Like 1

Just now, Jono62 said:

Isn't watching a Coutinho signs video kinda like an unboxing video 😋

lol I suppose you could draw some similarities there. Difference is that us as fans get to enjoy watching the player later whereas someone unboxing the latest iPad will benefit the viewer in zilch ways.

Personally I wouldn't risk it, he's still getting match-fit. And Everton are likely going to be up for the game, some blood and thunder stuff I'd imagine!

Hopefully we are in the game still around sixty minutes or so and then bring on The Magician.

Up the Villa.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Sounds like someone hasn't had the pleasure of watching competitive pro Rocket League on twitch yet. It's one helluva rush and even more entertaining if you play the game as well. I agree with you that it's just like watching football on TV mate.

I completely agree on unboxing videos hahaha. It's a total mystery.

Getting slightly off topic here but I used to play quite a lot of League of Legends with my friends 5-6 years ago, and when the LoL pro series came to London he went to the O2 to watch.

Esports are interesting if you enjoy and understand the game being played at more than a superficial level (like any sport really) which I did in this case, but I struggled to wrap my head around going to see a virtual sport … in person! He had a great time though.

Thing is, even supporting Villa is a bit of an esport for me - I live quite a way from Birmingham and don’t know any other Villa fans in person, so watching Villa play is not actually that different from watching pros play some video game on a screen for me if I’m honest.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

Getting slightly off topic here but I used to play quite a lot of League of Legends with my friends 5-6 years ago, and when the LoL pro series came to London he went to the O2 to watch.

Esports are interesting if you enjoy and understand the game being played at more than a superficial level (like any sport really) which I did in this case, but I struggled to wrap my head around going to see a virtual sport … in person! He had a great time though.

Thing is, even supporting Villa is a bit of an esport for me - I live quite a way from Birmingham and don’t know any other Villa fans in person, so watching Villa play is not actually that different from watching pros play some video game on a screen for me if I’m honest.

I completely get this mate. I live in Stockholm which is quite some distance from Birmingham. Even though I used to live there for 1 year, that was 11 years ago while I was still a 20 year old something. I still follow Villa and love the sport, but I don't really see it massively different from esports. I still have heart for my local team AIK and enjoy going to live games, but I still find so much more passion and love for Aston Villa even though I'm separated by miles and miles from its geographical origin.

I guess what I'm getting at is that there are lots of things one can find a passion and love with, so what does it matter how we got there..

• Like 2

On 21/01/2022 at 08:16, Panto_Villan said:

What is this strange language which you speak good sir? Forsooth it doth muddle my brain and turn it into sludge. Though verily the journey is invariably a short one to sludgery. 

• Haha 3

Â