Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

31 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Would also add Mings being in the box would have caused confusion.

If you look at it, ramsey and Watkins are occupying the 2 defenders at the back post. And cause greenwood doesn't defend. We've got a 4 on 3 on the edge of the area and they just can't defend it. Fred does really well to get back but even if he doesn't I think Coutinho plays the pass anyway. 

6 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Given the career he's had and his status etc, his attitude could easily be "turn up for 5 months, get fit and get a move to a more glamorous club before the World Cup"

Just watched Ramsey's goal again - that'd be Coutinho sprinting into the net to grab the ball afterwards...

He's up for it. We've got a new hero.

He could well be using the move to build some fitness for another move. But he knows, from experience, going to a big club isn't always a good move, so may choose enjoyment over trophies with us. 

7 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

He could well be using the move to build some fitness for another move. But he knows, from experience, going to a big club isn't always a good move, so may choose enjoyment over trophies with us. 

its an interesting one, because i have no doubt that he could have chosen from a number of clubs, many probably a "higher profile" than us, Gerrard obviously persuaded him, so if he does well here and feels the love, i think we might have a decent chance to sign him if we wanted, compared to what i would normally think for this type of loan/transfer.

who knows though.

The guys had 4 years of not having the career he should've had since that big move. No other club wanted to move for him and go through the discussion of helping resurrect his career. Even if they did, they didn't step up until we tried to and weren't willing to stump up the cash recently either. 

The likelihood after 6 months he tries a different move after his first good 6 months in a long time feels unlikely to me. 

Even if he has an incredible, incredible 6 months...City wouldn't take him, Chelsea don't need him, Liverpool couldn't afford it and he wouldn't go United. He'll only go to the Premier League and then it leaves us competing with West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal and Leicester, just can't see us (Gerrard) losing that battle if it comes to it

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He will be happy to hear that for his 20 minute cameo, he made Garth Crooks team of the week 😂😂

He’ll need to move aside his League, Cups and Champions League winning medals to make room for this latest award. When I say ‘award’, I assume Phillipe will be laminating a screen print of this accolade, awarded by the football knowledge God that is - Garth Crooks.

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

But why do these cretins keep making these kinds of remarks and asking these questions?

Are they hoping one day he's going to rip off his Villa gear like Clark Kent and reveal his true Identity as " Super Liverpool Man " ?

Ffs

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

But why do these cretins keep making these kinds of remarks and asking these questions?

Are they hoping one day he's going to rip off his Villa gear like Clark Kent and reveal his true Identity as " Super Liverpool Man " ?

Ffs

Its all media content to sell to the armchair fans all across the world. But i prefer your take on it !! 

On 16/01/2022 at 08:26, Jareth said:

Just can't fathom why other clubs weren't doing everything to sign him, never any doubt that he's still at the top of his game. Get him purchased.

I don’t in any way think this situation is remote comparable, but this just relived all the disappointment of Ross Barkley after his positive start in the space of 10 seconds.

• Like 1

Listening to Coutinho speak just makes me want to be present for every single Villa fixture from now until seasons end, albeit from Australia. 

He's such a star.

Glad to see he's not concerned with getting carried away or being false.

He's here to play under Gerrard, find his best football and do his part to ensure the best outcomes for our club. 

I honestly hope that is the case long beyond seasons end.

• Like 1

Â