Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Just not enough going on around him IMO. He just needs to float into the spaces like Grealish did but we need people capable of passing it to him. We don't really have any wingers and the full backs don't get forward anywhere near enough for what we want in this system, they need to be almost breaking behind the defence at times and I just don't see them doing it.

He's good enough to be in the squad but it's utter madness that we've made him a key player. 

He doesn't have that impact on the game anymore. Use him in rotation or off the bench or starting certain games. He can't be one of the first names on the sheet each week.

• Like 3

I think hes part of the problem and not the solution. Yes hes a very gifted footballer but he doesnt have  the consistant impact that Grealish had. Gerrard needs ti make tough decisions if hes going to suceed and not just keep picking his favourites.

• Like 1

Just can’t blame Countinho in my view. Or any attacking player for that matter. How can they do anything when the plan is pass it round the back until the other team regroups, hit it to them and expect them to find a way through 11 players????

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Just can’t blame Countinho in my view. Or any attacking player for that matter. How can they do anything when the plan is pass it round the back until the other team regroups, hit it to them and expect them to find a way through 11 players????

I think this in general, but he was poor today of his own making too.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I think hes part of the problem and not the solution. Yes hes a very gifted footballer but he doesnt have  the consistant impact that Grealish had. Gerrard needs ti make tough decisions if hes going to suceed and not just keep picking his favourites.

I think he looks like part of the problem because of how we set up, and how badly the team in general is playing.

I agree that he shouldn’t be a nailed on starter, but he’s clearly an incredible player who would look good in a side firing on all cylinders. We’ve all seen what he can do. The manager needs to make it work.

He's been for 90% of his time here invisible.

You'd watch games last season and with Emi on the bench and he would do nothing. Over the course of the game he would be nowhere and have no impact.

You'd come home and you'd see 'he's a joy to watch' based on one flick or turn.

The hype at signing him. I feel like I'm going going crazy. He's over the hill and done nothing in 3 years and he's 30 and he's shot to bits.

• Like 4

The free kick at the start of the 2nd half summed him and us up yesterday, had the chance just chuck it in the mixer but instead tried to play a short clever pass down the line around the wall, no one read it and the pass was so badly over hit it wouldn't have mattered anyone, goal kick 

It was **** terrible, amateur hour

56 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's been for 90% of his time here invisible.

You'd watch games last season and with Emi on the bench and he would do nothing. Over the course of the game he would be nowhere and have no impact.

You'd come home and you'd see 'he's a joy to watch' based on one flick or turn.

The hype at signing him. I feel like I'm going going crazy. He's over the hill and done nothing in 3 years and he's 30 and he's shot to bits.

I dont feel he is shot to bits to be truthful - however absolutely no way should he be a nailed on starter over Emi every week.

That said - I doubt very much SG will see it this way and will play Couts regardless.

18 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He's always been much better at VP then away from home. So many players under performed yesterday that you can't just single Coutinho out. 

I think you can. That first half was abysmal

As they say, with great power comes great responsibility. The same should apply to footballing ability, and Coutinho just doesn't step up. In fact, if you had to attribute the word "passenger" to any of our players, week in, week out, he would probably get the highest number of nominations.

Disappointing.

Â