Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

17 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Every touch from today.

I thought he was quality today, even if he’s not scoring himself or assisting he’s involved in most of our play. Around 5.35 is where I would want to see him and Buendia play together. There’s no point playing triangles around the half way line with no one willing to move forward with the ball

Edited by IrishVilla10
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Farlz said:

He got 5 of those contributions in 2 games. Done pretty much jack shit every other game.

So yes, it is. 

I share the concern, he is ours now and we will learn the answers to our questions this season.

Shouldn't be starting games. Brings nothing. An absolute passenger and so far on the decline it's funny.

Yet if we all actually analyse instead of doing a Purslow and being enamoured by the names of Gerrard and Coutinho....we already know that.

There was so much pushback to saying he shouldn't be signed permanently, and yet that was exactly what I feared. He was honestly appalling today.

I'm just going to be upfront about it, I think we'll look back on this as a disastrous signing and I think people who think otherwise are letting themselves be blinded by a transfer fee from half a decade ago rather than what they can see in front of their eyes.

If I'm wrong I know I'll get stick and fair enough, but he was worse than useless today and it's not like he is building on a positive pre-season or a positive end to last season (he was admittedly good on the final day, but hopeless for about a dozen games before that).

• Like 3

Going to be a moments player. Been really good in some games for us but others like today he's been non-existant. Worry for me is he really should be running games against bottom 3/4 teams but he was as bad today as he was v Norwich at home last season and we then dropped him for Buendia.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He wasn't really good at all, but in fairness, Buendia never diduch either.

I feel our core problems are elsewhere 

Overall pattern of play. You could have put Messi on there today and he’d have struggled to make a difference. When Gerrard came in we started playing a lot of nice combination stuff connecting midfield and attack. We lost a few games and that seemed to go out the window. Seems a very long time ago now. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

His Leeds performance wasn't great. It was 15 minutes of brilliance. 

Thats the issue. Its only ever moments. 

This is true, but to be fair the 15 minutes of brilliance were crucial to 3 goals which should normally be enough to win a PL football match. I'm willing to give him that one.

Â