Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

4 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Odd, when I look at it, Lambert has 1695 pages and it’s presented as his second thread (starting in January 2014 - he joined us in the summer 2012) due to the reaction his previous thread had.

You’re right, @uselesshas not applied the rigorous data collection standards expected on this site. I suppose “Gerald” Houllier should have been the giveaway.

I’ll take another look at it next time I’m suffering from insomnia.

On the subject of his punditry, though, I agree with @HanoiVillanthat he isn’t that bad. I don’t mind listening to what he has to say as a pundit because he’s more clued up than most of the people they have on.

Most punditry is just random words being strung together that the pundit hopes sounds plausible. At least Gerrard is coherently sharing his limited vision of the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I actually felt a bit bad for him on the night of that Fulham game but my dislike for him is growing stronger and stronger as more time passes.

Didnt feel sorry at all for him on the Fulham night, if anything every last drop of slight respect of him was gone. He was a boy hiding behind bodies of defeated men that night, he couldnt look at anyone in the eye.

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

You’re right, @uselesshas not applied the rigorous data collection standards expected on this site. I suppose “Gerald” Houllier should have been the giveaway.

I’ll take another look at it next time I’m suffering from insomnia.

For what it’s worth, there’s probably the X amount of pages generated during their time here and then there’s the additional X amount of pages that are generated with pithy comments about the manager’s subsequent career.

For instance, I dare say that Steve Bruce has provoked more discussion than, say, Paul Lambert because in fairness to Bruce he landed more noteworthy jobs than Lambert did. Which in turn leads to more discussion/ridicule in the Bruce thread.

And for my own part, Steve Bruce is inherently more fun to take the piss out of than many of those on that list.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Has "Are you watching, Stevie G?" caught on yet? 

He’d probably think that’s a compliment because he “built” this team and Emery is now getting the benefit of it now the players have settled as he knew they would do.  The board just leased him too early but he’s delighted his work has come to fruition…

You can just see him and his cronies thinking like that while us in the real world know he was just utterly crap.

Must be a humbling year for our buddies Steven Gerrard and Steve Bruce. Emery has totally transformed Villa taken us from 17th (was it?) to 9th and West Brom have gone from 22th to 9th after they discarded Bruce.

One is apparently a born winner and the other just needed more time...

Â