Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

7 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Come on guys clearly Alex Moreno is that good, he’s the difference maker

if Stevie had him too we’d be even too 4 by now. 

He added Coutinho, Digne, Chambers, Dendoncker, Kamara etc to the team he inherited and somehow ended up being worse than when he joined. 

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

If only the players hadn't let him down so badly

That's the only thing that bothered me after his sacking. I don't like jumping on former managers etc. Cause it's not like  they're ever here to be bad at their job, they're trying to win all they can. 

Having said that, the likes of TalkSport claiming the players were embarrassing for letting him down is the most ridiculous statement. One of a managers responsibilities is to motivate the players, and if he can't do that then it's on him and not the players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Can't help but think that all the players serenading Traore wasn't just for the goal. It was a massive we love you Bertie, we rate you Bertie and Gerrard is a word removed.

I thought that too, it was like a spontaneous recognition that the Gerrard nightmare has been completely banished into history.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Don’t think he will manage in the premier league again. Not been linked with any vacancy. 

I thought he was linked with the Leicester job? Can’t remember which news outlet I heard it in, but I think it was Sky or BBC.

He was linked to Leicester job before he came to us, also Leeds and Newcastle, rightly or wrongly whilst at Rangers he had a reputaiton as one of the best young managers around. Last I saw he was being linked to England U21 job with Lampard, and Parker.

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

Think a lot of the awful form among individuals was down to how Gerrard was using them. It honestly seemed like he just sent them out there with no tactical instruction whatsoever.

There's been intervews with players saying Gerrard just get them get on with attacking and create their own "magic". Its not modern football. I think it was Ollie who said i know where to go when the ball is in a certain area and i know it will come. 

Gerrard is a joke in modern football. That works in scotland when you have the best players.

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

All the players that massively declined under him have by some miracle become top quality

Media will say bad attitudes but I will go with the latter of poor coaching

Ramsey improved under him but not sure how much that was down to him, or the fact he was just maturing physically. 

He has his pick of jobs now, Chelsea, spurs, Leicester, possibly forrest if we beat them by a large score, and at the end of the season, most likely, the team has was bigged up to be lined up for, his beloved bin dippers.

Which one will he pick ?

Just now, brummybloke said:

He has his pick of jobs now, Chelsea, spurs, Leicester, possibly forrest if we beat them by a large score, and at the end of the season, most likely, the team has was bigged up to be lined up for, his beloved bin dippers.

Which one will he pick ?

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â