Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Can't help but think that all the players serenading Traore wasn't just for the goal. It was a massive we love you Bertie, we rate you Bertie and Gerrard is a word removed.

100%

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Mkes me wonder if Gerrard and Lampard did what Terry did, would they then still say “Yep management is for me.” or would they also give it a miss.

Gerrard had the under 21s at Plop then went on to have some success in Scotland. He thought he could piss this management lark. Seemed to be oblivious that all the good was Beals doing.

38 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

100% also. More interested in his Instagram than actually coaching.

At least he had the knowledge to know that management is a shit gig most of the time. Lamps and Gerrard just couldn't help themselves trying to live vicariously on the pitch.

18 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Gerrard had the under 21s at Plop then went on to have some success in Scotland. He thought he could piss this management lark. Seemed to be oblivious that all the good was Beals doing.

He did, but I tend to think of U21 as being a different kettle of fish. I’d imagine being a first team assistant coach in the championship is a different perspective. 

And Rangers, well, yeah there is a pressure to succeed there, obviously there is that expectation. But I guess I don’t think it’s a normal job to learn the ropes. It’s like a high stakes job in a not very high stakes league. 

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Ramsey improved under him but not sure how much that was down to him, or the fact he was just maturing physically. 

Not really. 

Ramsey was already an established first teamer and that was because of Smith. 

Gerrard doesn't get any credit for Ramsey 

Edited by Pinebro

13 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Having said that, the likes of TalkSport claiming the players were embarrassing for letting him down is the most ridiculous statement. One of a managers responsibilities is to motivate the players, and if he can't do that then it's on him and not the players. 

Ah, I think I see the problem here. 

Taking ANYTHING said on Talksport seriously will leave you in a bewildered state. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

Some success is 1 trophy out of 9 while managing a big team and fighting vs Neil Lennon as your rival

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Some success is 1 trophy out of 9 while managing a big team and fighting vs Neil Lennon as your rival

Gotta start somewhere.

I mean we gave Sherwood a job after he was a caretaker once. 

1 hour ago, TreeVillan said:

Gotta start somewhere.

I mean we gave Sherwood a job after he was a caretaker once. 

Gotta finish somewhere too.

I hope it isn't us. After enduring his management, we definitely need to "share the love" to other clubs. Hopefully a PL club.

Feels like it wasn't even this season that we had to endure this self-righteous, useless, egotistical prick. Such has been the dramatic, positive impact Emery has had, the memories of how shockingly bad we were under this fraud don't seem as recent as they should. 

I think it speaks volumes he hasn't got another job. I truly believe he thinks he will walk into the Liverpool role when Klopp decides enough is enough. The way he behaved in that charity game v Celtic showed him up for what he really is. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Traore talking about gerrards "great management" today

Said because he picked up injuries gerrard banished him to under 21s then shipped him to turkey because he became frustrated with him.

But coutinho would play no matter how bad he was. Shit manager

Yes but when Traore was in the U21s he spent the entire time in amazement at the aura Gerrard displayed when he banished him.

What a guy. What a leader.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Traore talking about gerrards "great management" today

Said because he picked up injuries gerrard banished him to under 21s then shipped him to turkey because he became frustrated with him.

But coutinho would play no matter how bad he was. Shit manager

Wonder how Gerrard felt checking the latest scores on Tuesday night, the seeing 'Traore 87' pop up on his phone. 🤣

You can't blame Slippy G for taking the job, it's who picked him that's made the mistake. It was so obvious that he wasn't suitable for us after Smith, their characters are completely different and that meant there management style was as well. 

Slippy G will never be able to manage at club level, he hasn't got the depth of character. 

Don't want to speak too much about him, would rather look ahead given the riches we now have with a world class manager guiding us.

One thing I am curious on though....I remember going into October there were still loads of posters adamant on here that Gerrard would get until Feb/March.

I shudder to think where we'd be now if that happened but what were those people basing that on given our terrible the football and results were. I said at the time people were way overestimating the actual influence Purslow had on the owners and thank f*** that Nas was there at Fulham to witness live how bad we were and swiftly delivered his sacking 10 minutes after the final whistle, it is what Gerrard deserved.

Personally I'd have sacked him after losing 1-0 at home to West Ham but can sort of understand him getting 10 games. You can't however give a manager endless time when he's clearly not cut out for the job. Imagine how wasted this season would've been if we'd given him up to world cup break instead of the incredibly exciting ending we now have.

• Like 4

Â