Pre-match Thread

Herman22

11 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Feel like we’ll win this one… don’t know why, just feel like we will. 

I don’t think it’ll be enough for many fans though, I honestly think DS has lost the fan base a bit now and there isn’t much that’ll get them back.

I don’t think so , despite the recent results the actual crowd haven’t got on his back . (Yet) 

let’s hope we don’t get there, really tough tonight with out Douglas L. The game will be lost and won in midfield! I would take a draw !

45 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Feel like we’ll win this one… don’t know why, just feel like we will. 

I don’t think it’ll be enough for many fans though, I honestly think DS has lost the fan base a bit now and there isn’t much that’ll get them back.

A win would make all the difference.

• Like 1

Martinez

Cash-Tuanzebe-Mings-Targett

Nakamba

McGinn-Sanson

Buendia-Watkins-Bailey

...for me. Feeling a tad less despondent than I was earlier in the week as it turns out more midfielders are available than was initially feared, but Nakamba truly worries me vs a team that aggressively presses high up the pitch and regardless of the result I don't think we'll play with any kind of fluidity because of it. At this stage though give me a win however it may come. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

It's gone a bit quiet in Deano's thread, and the new manager situation thread which is probably a good thing.

It's made me wonder where our heads are currently at just a few short hours before the match.

Is tonight's game a must win for Dean?

Is a draw having played well acceptable?

Is a draw having played our current lacklustre football alright?

Is a loss having dominated play okay?

What about yet another loss having stunk out St Mary's?

With an international break coming up, is the game tonight the "cup final" that our players have promised Dean they will be fully up for, or is it just another game in an acceptable rebuilding process?

Based on nothing but a gut feeling, I think we'll play okay tonight and win. My "gut" didn't tell me whether that will be down to a couple of pieces of luck, or players actually giving 100% for 90 minutes.

Lose tonight - which to be honest I think we will. Then I don't see a way back for him. He may get a stay of execution while CP/JL debate keeping a dead man walking v replacing him with in all probability a lesser proven manager.

Obviously I want a win for so many reasons, sadly not got a lot of faith in our players at the moment. 

Need someone with a big heart and big balls to drag us through, think only Mings fits that bill and possibly Martinez/ Young. Completely lacking leaders 

Edited by chrisvilla4

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He hasn’t lost my support, think of where we were when he first took over and where we are now

He hasn’t lost mine either, there seems a lot of vitriol from many fans though, and I think it seems so bad in some cases they simply won’t be won over. 
I think we’ll win tonight, and things will pick up. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

I’ve done my bit. Put Adams and Armstrong in my fantasy football team and lumped £20 on the Southampton win. If we don’t get at least a draw today I can’t say I didn’t try.

Thanks man, taking one for the team