Pre-match Thread

Herman22

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

I assume that's Buendia in midfield and a front 3 of AEG, Watkins and Bailey. 

Thinking now it might be a diamond in midfield. 

It's formation we always played under Smith before Ings came along. 4-2-3-1

• Like 1

I'd say that's the best he can do with what's available to him so no blame on him for that. 

But, I think that if we lose tonight or have a draw where we played bad I think he'll be going tomorrow with a new man appointed early in the week, in time for the international break. 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

SO where's the midfield, Nakamba?

One reason why I'm getting a bit bored of Smith is, he is not playing Buendia in his natural position. He is not a MF!

Huge this, huge!!

So he should play one of the teenagers instead? 

A.n.other midfielder in this side is chuk, Ramsey or Ashley Young... 

Just now, Herman22 said:

I assume that's Buendia in midfield and a front 3 of AEG, Watkins and Bailey. 

Thinking now it might be a diamond in midfield. 

I think it's 4-2-3-1 with McGinn and Nakamba as the 2, and El Ghazi - Buendia - Bailey as the 3.

Can't say that I saw that coming. But Sanson apparently isn't available again and I can understand him not wanting to start JJ right after the sprain. It kinda makes sense.

What worries me is that Soton killed us with width in our first match against them last year. Our problem when playing 4-2-3-1 has been teams who like to attack down the wings.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

SO where's the midfield, Nakamba?

We've got McGinn as well. He'll be busy running around like a maniac with a wasp in his pants.

Let's just hope the McGinn we get tonight is the Premier League version, and not the Scottish Premier League version.