Pre-match Thread

Herman22

Just now, Dante_Lockhart said:

Martinez

Cash, Zebe, Mings, Targett

Ramsey, McGinn, Sanson

Buendia, Watkins, Bailey

Yep, this is the team.

Stop putting cloggers in like Nakamba and Hause who can't control and pass the ball. Its 2021, if you haven't got basic passing ability you aren't going to get very far.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Great news that Ramsey is available - it gives us at least three players who can play in midfield - Nakamba - McGinn - Ramsey looks likely.

Good old Evening Mail told us he was out for six weeks.

That was Gordon Ramsey.

Dropped a kitchen knife through his suede shoes

Has to be mings and tuanzebe at the back for me. They are comfortable playing together and Tyrone has had his kick up the ass. Right and left footer gives good balance too.

I'd be temped to start with target too as we need a bit of settled cohesion atm. If he starts weakly I'd change it quickly but he deserves the chance to sort it out himself.

Really good news we have Ramsey back as playing young in the centre would have really weekend us. Have sanson as back up is a bonus too.

I would start buendia on the right too, we need composure on the ball and he has the game to do it far better than el ghazi. We also need him up to full speed ASAP so dropping him could be counter productive. 

However I think Southampton are not the team we want to be playing in this state of mind. They will make it really difficult to control the centre of the park and I fear composure could be lost.

We need a big game from our big players friday.....this definitely won't be easy!

Emi

Cash tuanzebe mings target

Sjm Ramsey marv 

Buendia Watkins bailey

• Like 1

As COP-26 is going on I wonder what the overall difference in carbon emissions is in having an evening kick off rather than a day time match? More lighting, more heating, less possibilities of using public transportation. It would be interesting to see the stats.

Edited by The Fun Factory

27 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Top man, let's hope the leadership sinks in to the players and they show the same kind of reaction. Really need them to be as calm and focused on their job as Dean is in his.

• Like 3

I would run with this:

Martinez

Cash, Tuanzebe, Mings, Targett

Nakamba

.       Sanson     McGinn

Buendia,                       Bailey

Watkins

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Indigo said:

Just seen that Southampton are second in the league for pressures in the final third. We could really, really miss Luiz here.

I wonder if we should start Sanson instead of Marv. I know he hasn't had much playing time but he's comfortable on the ball and we need someone on midfield that can take the ball off the centre backs rather than them pumping it long. 

I think Tuanzebe and Mings at centre back works and Cash is one of the first names on the team sheet. Targett has been poor but I'd have him over Young. 

A midfield 3 of Ramsey Sanson McGinn is balanced and can be a flat 3 or Ramsey or McGinn can step forward. 

I think the front 3 pick themselves, Bailey Watkins Bunedia but all three need to step up their game! I think if Ings, Traore were fit it would be a more difficult call. 

• Like 1

Southampton always do us. Even when we finally beat them last year we rode our luck massively, and that was with Grealish. Really fear for us and Deano tomorrow night. They are well coached, and press like crazy, exactly the type of side we struggle against. Really need to pull a performance and result with no mistakes out our asses. When you look at our last 3 losses; theyve come against 3 of the form sides in the league, but thats no excuse for the performances which have been abject. Every game looks difficult when you’re showing the sort of form we are. Deano needs to find the right formula to end this run. Just get the points by any means necessary and regroup for the international break. PLEASE VILLA