Pre-match Thread

Herman22

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He hasn’t lost mine either, there seems a lot of vitriol from many fans though, and I think it seems so bad in some cases they simply won’t be won over. 
I think we’ll win tonight, and things will pick up. 

Win the next 3 games and everyone will love him again 😀

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is anyone else a tiny bit nervous?

I just expect defeat, I'm already miserable and wondering why I'm ruining my Friday night :D 

A curry, beer and a shag, or staying in and watching some shit and depressing football, I know how to live.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

He hasn’t lost mine either, there seems a lot of vitriol from many fans though, and I think it seems so bad in some cases they simply won’t be won over. 
I think we’ll win tonight, and things will pick up. 

I think you’re right there but I heard the other day that Smith has spent £300m since he took the helm. If it is true that he has spent that much, I’d expect us to be higher in the table. I think like any manager, he has his faults (he is very rigid and set in his ways and he has his favourites) but he also has positives about him (he is very good in the transfer market and is good at developing players  e.g Konsa and Watkins just to name 2)

• Like 1

I can't remember the last time I was more convinced of a win in the Premier League, it just feels as though it must be so, Southampton aren't that good, we're not as bad as as the last four results suggest, far from it, and law of averages would suggest we're due a win.

• Like 4

Southampton will probably be well up for this one after we pinched Ings off them - think they will have a point to prove and they generally don't like us!

Saying that we should have a point to prove too. Have to start well though - want none of this "they started with more intensity" crap again tonight.

Come on Villa!

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Feel like we’ll win this one… don’t know why, just feel like we will. 

I don’t think it’ll be enough for many fans though, I honestly think DS has lost the fan base a bit now and there isn’t much that’ll get them back.

VillaTalk/Twitter isn't a good representation of the fan base.  I'm willing to bet the overwhelming majority of us back Smith to turn things around.  Example:  Just look at r/avfc on Reddit.  All the top upvoted comments in the threads discussing the manager situation/next situation are supportive of Deano and think he should get more time to stop the rot.  

• Like 1