Pre-match Thread

Herman22

17 hours ago, Rossco76 said:

I'm defo in favour of Targett dropping out as well.

lineup.png

I too would be reluctantly in favour of this....The one with the best feet.....we have to tighten up.

7 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Based on some of Deano’s comments in his presser:

Emi

Cash Hause Mings Young

Nakamba Sanson / JJ

Buendia McGinn Bailey

Watkins

we might have a chance with 12.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Martinez is a given.

Two choices in the back line:

Do you put Hause or Tuanzebe in for Konsa? I say Tuanzebe, and I think Deano will too, but I can't say I'm 100% comfortable with either.

Do you put Young in for Targett? I think he should, but doubt that Deano will.

As for the rest of the team, I'm expecting 4-3-3, so...

Midfield: I think that Nakamba and McGinn are givens for Deano, and I think that he'll start JJ over Sanson even if he's not 100%. If it were my choice, I'd give Sanson a chance somewhere, maybe for JJ (why rush him back?) but probably for McGinn, who is in the middle of a bad stretch and whom I don't want to burn out like last year.

I think the front 3 are a given, Buendia, Watkins, and Bailey.

11 minutes ago, TomC said:

Martinez is a given.

Two choices in the back line:

Do you put Hause or Tuanzebe in for Konsa? I say Tuanzebe, and I think Deano will too, but I can't say I'm 100% comfortable with either.

Do you put Young in for Targett? I think he should, but doubt that Deano will.

As for the rest of the team, I'm expecting 4-3-3, so...

Midfield: I think that Nakamba and McGinn are givens for Deano, and I think that he'll start JJ over Sanson even if he's not 100%. If it were my choice, I'd give Sanson a chance somewhere, maybe for JJ (why rush him back?) but probably for McGinn, who is in the middle of a bad stretch and whom I don't want to burn out like last year.

I think the front 3 are a given, Buendia, Watkins, and Bailey.

Hause for me.

5 minutes ago, TomC said:

Hause may be a little bit better defender, but with Soton's high press, I worry about whether he'll give the ball away.

They all give the ball away.

but with 12 goals against in the last 4 games....I'll risk the better defender.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

We will win tomorrow. Probably a horrible performance and a scrappy/lucky 0-1 victory. They are garbage and will probably go down. They struggle to create chances and are not particularly physical. It will suit us and we will win.

9 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

As COP-26 is going on I wonder what the overall difference in carbon emissions is in having an evening kick off rather than a day time match? More lighting, more heating, less possibilities of using public transportation. It would be interesting to see the stats.

When Lambert was in charge remember the club put out a statement that we were an early-adopter of clubs going carbon-neutral. Between that and the backwards goal-kick, the mid-2010's at Villa were truly a wonderful place. 

• Haha 1

My wife, not (quite yet) a Villa fan, had a very specific dream about the match last night:

Spoiler

Game starts, Targett concedes an own goal in the 7th minute. Villa play like total shit for the rest of the half and can’t string 3 passes together. We go in 1-0 down at the break.

At half time, a message from Smith is broadcast. He says that he needs the fans behind him because he’s going to be sacked if Villa lose the match, then he asks people to go on social media and vote for whether or not they want him to stay.

Then it switches to a livestream from the dressing room, where Dean is holding a photo of Steve Bruce up to them and shouting “do you want this guy back? ‘cause if not you better start playing!”

Villa come out for the second half on fire and win the match 1-6.

This wasn’t part of it but I might as well continue on a theme and say

Spoiler

Targett with all 7 goals.

Lump on. You can thank me later.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, M_Afro said:

We will win tomorrow. Probably a horrible performance and a scrappy/lucky 0-1 victory. They are garbage and will probably go down. They struggle to create chances and are not particularly physical. It will suit us and we will win.

Where does this arrogance come from? We are quite shit right now 🤣