The_Steve

2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

They really are an excellent team. I hope if we qualify for Europe they do too. 

Might be us or them, great team though, could be like a cup final for us when we play them. 😬

Honestly how the hell do they do it. Despite how it is going at Chelsea Potter is a quality coach, de Zebri to all the world looks like he might be one of the best coaches in the game, they keep uncovering incredible gems. It’s insane really. 

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

How do these guys just keep winning?

Need them to start dropping points somewhere!

They'd taken 1 point from last two before this, people seem to think they're on a six match winning streak or something.

They'll lose a few in the run in don't worry.

17 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

They really are an excellent team. I hope if we qualify for Europe they do too. 

Brighton are nailed on IMO.

I reckon it’s between us, Liverpool and Spurs for 6th to 8th. 

• 2 weeks later...

They're probably everyone's second club now but I'll be damned if I haven't seen a more smarmy, cynical fanbase. You wouldn't know that this is their best period in living memory with how miserable they are judging from their forums. They have a particular distaste for us too, apparently stemming back to the Championship days. We were in the mire and they were busy getting promoted but still were somehow jealous of us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Bottled it tonight. Wolves and Man U next. Might be more dropped points.

Harsh, they had 2 teenagers in attack and a centre midfielder at right back, they are down to bare bones as well

19 hours ago, Keyblade said:

They're probably everyone's second club now but I'll be damned if I haven't seen a more smarmy, cynical fanbase. You wouldn't know that this is their best period in living memory with how miserable they are judging from their forums. They have a particular distaste for us too, apparently stemming back to the Championship days. We were in the mire and they were busy getting promoted but still were somehow jealous of us.

I remember playing them at Villa Park in 3rd round of FA Cup when they were shite shite. Think it was the year we lost in the semi against Chelsea. Their fans seemed ok then

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I have no idea if that is true or not. I remember the time in the first season in the championship they were going for  the league title at Villa having already been promoted and the fans seemed really sound. 

• Like 1

On 26/04/2023 at 03:41, Keyblade said:

Yeah they hate us, it’s weird. I’d like to see them (and us!) get Europe.

37 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Yeah they hate us, it’s weird. I’d like to see them (and us!) get Europe.

Bit of a bogey team for them in their eyes.

Crappy first season in The Championship Jack scored a late equaliser to stop them winning the title and handed it to Newcastle.  When you have not won much that stings I guess.

• Like 1

On 26/04/2023 at 03:41, Keyblade said:

Completely disagree with this, Brighton fans don’t care about us at all and certainly not jealous. Plus only really got one forum they use, North Stand Chat. 

Â