The_Steve

Mitoma is such a good player, imagine him in our team, the end product the guy has as a winger is just fantastic. Their scouting system is very good and im glad to see that di zerbi is doing well there after potter was poached. Pretty mental how they got 20 mil for him and then ended up with a manager who is doing better and scores more goals with the team though! I quite like playing them as it seems to be entertaining games and often we draw or beat them, i remember the draw in 2017 i think it was when newcastle got the trophy because of that and our first season back we also got a point

7 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Mac Allister’s agent and dad telling the media he will have a new club in July. Shameless. 

McAllister came to my house in January, he was the chauffeur/liaison for Buonanotte, they were viewing properties. 

I think alot of Brighton players are a tad overrated and overpriced. 

Play well in that Brighton system but  look likely to struggle outside of it. 

I mean cmon.. there scouting system can't just by logic be that good to keep upgrading players to 70 mill odd players(Caicedo, Macallister, Cucarella). 

2 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

I mean cmon.. there scouting system can't just by logic be that good to keep upgrading players to 70 mill odd players(Caicedo, Macallister, Cucarella). 

Bissouma, Trossard, White, Mwepu, Estupinaan, Mitoma.

Then you have Dunk, March, and also Evans And Enciso coming up. 

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Bissouma, Trossard, White, Mwepu, Estupinaan, Mitoma.

Then you have Dunk, March, and also Evans And Enciso coming up. 

Scrub Mwepu I recall he had to stop playing football. Shame.

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

Good for us. Hopefully destabilises them.

Don’t see why it would. They’ve lost several star players, their first team coach, coaching staff and recruitment team yet they’ve got better and better. They will be expecting to lose MacAllister and Caicedo, will have a plan and replacements good to go and will continue on an upward trajectory. They are genuinely impressive. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Mac Allister’s agent and dad telling the media he will have a new club in July. Shameless. 

In some ways; on the other hand though, it's hardly a surprise he'd be looking for bigger and better opportunities after the World Cup, and at least saying something now makes clear his intentions. I mean it would be worse if he decided he simply has to move in August, at least this way they've got time to look for a replacement (or more likely work out a deal for the player they already have earmarked as a replacement). 

53 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Don’t see why it would. They’ve lost several star players, their first team coach, coaching staff and recruitment team yet they’ve got better and better. They will be expecting to lose MacAllister and Caicedo, will have a plan and replacements good to go and will continue on an upward trajectory. They are genuinely impressive. 

It will eventually. You can’t keep selling players. Eventually you’ll sign a few duds. Southampton had a similar model, look at them now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

It will eventually. You can’t keep selling players. Eventually you’ll sign a few duds. Southampton had a similar model, look at them now.

Leicester as well on a smaller scale. They still haven't recovered from losing Chilwell I feel.

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Well it certainly won't help. Especially in the run in.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Caciedo will go aswell so that's a huge amount of quality to lose from central midfield. Billy Gilmour starting more games isn't going to quite cut it.

Gilmour played once in 2023, Brighton will definitely find better than him in the market

He is heading to Rangers apparently

2 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

I agree Cucurella, Bissouma and even Potter have shown they cant function outside the system

Brighton sign players for the system but dont thrive elsewhere

10 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Its how Brighton are run, they tell players when they can leave/sold off and the fee for them

Brighton have a simular model to one we are more familiar with, Brentford.

Players signed who can play the clubs system no matter who is manager and due to that, they all look comfortable and go for higher prices.

Brighton 50 million plus per player is Brentfords 20m because they have been doing it in the Premier league for a good 5 or 6 seasons.

That will only happen for so long, either the club will run our of luck ( injuries or duff signings) or the club value will reach a price the owners will sell at. 

I can also see their manager being tempted by the inevitable Italy & spain and PSG manager merry-go-round in the summer.

7 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

I can also see their manager being tempted by the inevitable Italy & spain and PSG manager merry-go-round in the summer.

He has been linked to the Spurs job

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has been linked to the Spurs job

A short distance to travel but about as much job security as being the manager of PSG on half the wages.

I can also see spurs crumbling and finishing 6th or 7th. With Brighton and villa finishing above them( hopefully us above Brighton). So the appeal of being the next spurs manager unless told they can spend the kane transfer fee plus another 100 million to replace 3 or 4 key players, becomes unappealing.

Edited by brummybloke

10 hours ago, duke313 said:

Probably safe to say everyone apart from the "Sky 6" are only 2 bad transfer windows away from being in the relegation battle. We are no different. If we were to lose 4/5 of our premier players (Watkins, Mcginn, luiz, Mings, Kamara) and replace them with duds then we would be down there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its how Brighton are run, they tell players when they can leave/sold off and the fee for them

Tore our team a new asshole at the Bridge. Also way better than anyone they replaced him with. Same with Maguire who we also take the piss out of. They haven't replaced him either, and they look absolutely clueless defensively.

Â