The_Steve

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s so odd that all of these names pop up on here months in advance of transfer windows and then they’re linked with Brighton.

Surely following their model can’t be that hard.

I don't think it is hard, no.

I’m astounded they manage to sign these players when like you say, they’re such obvious targets for so many clubs.

Because they get on with it and do it. I would suspect they pay agents very well.

Surely he’s worth a punt at €10m or whatever? Even if we loaned him back for a season or whatever. 

Definitely.

The worrying thing is I think Newcastle are already there with them. I do wonder what our plans were last summer if Gerrard hadn't darkened our doorstep.

Edited by Tomaszk

It’s so odd that all of these names pop up on here months in advance of transfer windows and then they’re linked with Brighton.

Surely following their model can’t be that hard. I’m astounded they manage to sign these players when like you say, they’re such obvious targets for so many clubs. Surely he’s worth a punt at €10m or whatever? Even if we loaned him back for a season or whatever. 

I think the bigger clubs are happy for Brighton/Brentford to snap these up and then pay a premium when they have proven themselves

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think the bigger clubs are happy for Brighton/Brentford to snap these up and then pay a premium when they have proven themselves

Edit. Misread.

Edited by Tomaszk

• 1 month later...
On 28/11/2022 at 19:42, Zatman said:

Yep, if you’ve got the money it’s actually a better way to do it. They don’t have time to let players prove themselves.

They could genuinely be competing for a champions league spot this season, despite losing two first teamers to the top 4 and their coach, and losing Dean Ashworth to Newcastle.

I know they have a lot of detractors on here but you’ve got to give them massive credit with what they are doing. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Such a compelling team, such dull supporters.

It's too nice isn't it. Good structure, no Petrol Dollar owners, a seagull for a mascot, seaside, no Chinese betting xPro247 betting sponsor, no shit hole stadium.

It's just nice. 

I bet there are queues for orange juice at half time. 

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It's too nice isn't it. Good structure, no Petrol Dollar owners, a seagull for a mascot, seaside, no Chinese betting xPro247 betting sponsor, no shit hole stadium.

It's just nice. 

Tell you what, I reckon they don’t even have queues at all really.

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Tell you what, I reckon they don’t even have queues at all really.

joking aside, it's the most efficient away end kiosk in the prem. it's the only ground in which i go down for a pint at half time cause getting served is no bother at all

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

joking aside, it's the most efficient away end kiosk in the prem. it's the only ground in which i go down for a pint at half time cause getting served is no bother at all

I wasn’t joking, I’m not surprised that’s the case!

It will be a shame when it all goes tits up.

I remember when Southampton were the poster child for youth development, developing players and selling for big fees and getting 3 or 4 managers on the bounce to be a hit and continue that philosophy.

Sooner or later. If you get your best players and coaches pinched you go down the toilet. Nobody forever can have such 'luck' in the transfer market

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

It's just nice. 

The ground is in such a beautiful area too.

When we beat them in November we stayed for the weekend and not only is the city great, the ground is in the most picturesque countryside it looks like something out of an Enid Blyton novel.

Lovely walk to a local country pub about 10 mins from the ground with cottages and rolling hills everywhere.  (Tho they made us cover our colours as no away fans. Must be due to their raucous reputation. Lol)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Yeah + the fact they re-open the concourse after the game for food/drinks and that helps facilitate public transport egress (thats also free with your match ticket) 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tomav84 said:

I remember going to watch Wrexham away there in the FA Cup and it was shocking how quick people were served. Not only that but they put on beer from the area of the away club tii which was a lovely touch. 

They were close to going bust not that long ago. Their rise has been great and they aren't looking like stopping. Good on them. 

This is why the Premier League is the best, the standard is just ridiculous. 

Mitoma has got to be one of the best pieces of business in a while? That guy can dribble, he has terrorised TAA twice in 2 weeks. Interestingly he turned down a professional contract with his first club, opting to go and study for a degree instead, he then returned to them after the degree and signed professional terms. Did his thesis on the art of dribbling and had his teammates at university wear cameras measuring dribbling ability apparently!

I didnt know much about their manager before he was appointed but it seems he is a good fit for them and they also have a brilliant scouting department and setup so credit to the club

• Like 1

Kinda gone in phases, Few years ago everyone wanted Southampton players then Leicester players, then Brentford players. Now its Brighton. 

All down to having a sound DOF and a good Scouting Networks + an element of luck that the player settles in to a new environment, philosophy and culture. 

Historically we've aways seemed to pay over the odds fees and silly wages and then the player leaves for next to nothing,

Hopefully that will turn now The Don is here! 

16 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It will be a shame when it all goes tits up.

I remember when Southampton were the poster child for youth development, developing players and selling for big fees and getting 3 or 4 managers on the bounce to be a hit and continue that philosophy.

Sooner or later. If you get your best players and coaches pinched you go down the toilet. Nobody forever can have such 'luck' in the transfer market

My gut feeling is, this isn’t going to go tits up, Brighton are here for the long haul now, plus their location will be key in attracting players. 

Â