The_Steve

De Zerbi isn't that impressive Pre Brighton.

I just think similar to Brentford it's how the clubs are run which is why they do well. They can switch managers and still maintain good results.

I don't think De Zerbi or Thomas Frank would do nearly as well at a Chelsea or Spurs. Just look at Potter.

image.png.03804c2cb275c4104312f9801b02a010.png

Edited by Pinebro

22 hours ago, MaVilla said:

this is what i get from twtd.co.uk.

Looks right, as it has Villa on the same points as you after 24 games.

image.thumb.png.a51ec6d9aa999c843a82bc37b56f007d.png

Have  we really only  gained 2 points on Brighton in that time? Testament to what a brilliant job do Zerbi has done 

9 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Have  we really only  gained 2 points on Brighton in that time? Testament to what a brilliant job do Zerbi has done 

yeah, ironically, since Potter left, De Zerbi has taken them to the next level.

With Mac Allister, Caicedo, Mitoma and Ferguson taking alot of the attention, Estupinian has gone under the radar a bit this season. There will be takers for him aswell, a decent left back with 5 assists to his name.

1 minute ago, NoelVilla said:

They need a relegation battle next year to get down to earth. Whining pricks.

Cmon now, compare them to other whiny teams and they aren’t that bad, Fernandes says hi. 

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Wow their fans really hate us and i have no idea why.

I bet some are bitter about us costing them the Championship title in 2017. They need to grow up they have Europe too. I’m happy for Brighton. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Last 16 meetings (which are admittedly spread out since 1981) -

WWWDWDDWWDLDWWWW

Included in that is a last minute equaliser which prevented them from winning the championship.

There’s probably some perception of us being entitled thrown in there too. It’s not the strongest criteria to dislike a club, but I’ve disliked clubs for more trivial reasons.

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I’m pretty sure what you’re seeing isn’t representative of the average Brighton fan.

Reading the match thread it seems like there’s a bunch of people on VT who hate Brighton for refusing to throw the game to deprive Spurs of a place in Europe, so I think there’s always a vocal group of angry fans in every fanbase with unreasonable opinions.

• Like 3

Just now, Panto_Villan said:

I’m pretty sure what you’re seeing isn’t representative of the average Brighton fan.

Reading the match thread it seems like there’s a bunch of people on VT who hate Brighton for refusing to throw the game to deprive Spurs of a place in Europe, so I think there’s always a vocal group of angry fans in every fanbase with unreasonable opinions.

Yeah, for any of the other 19 PL teams, if you spend your time reading opinions of their fans on the internet, you're going to end up hating them.

Fans want their team to win and have a slanted view on every decision made on the pitch that affects their team, people need to get over it 

• Like 2

Be interesting to see how they do next season. De Zerbi has pretty much already confirmed Mac Allister and Caicedo will be sold. Recruitment is very impressive but so was Southamptons at one point who had the same model. Brighton seem more well run I suppose though.

Any reason why we match up so much better to them compared to Wolves and West Ham? It can't just be because those two are physical and bully us at set pieces as Brighton have some big units in their team.

Of course weaker team selection today than in normal circumstances but we did beat their first choice team in November. As did Gerrard comfortably home and away last season.

Since coming up our record v Brighton is played 8 W 5 drawn 2 and lost 1. With Wolves it's just 1 win and 5 losses, West Ham 0 wins and 5 losses.

Just one of those football oddities or something more because in a strange way I was much happier playing them on final day than say West Ham.

29 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Be interesting to see how they do next season. De Zerbi has pretty much already confirmed Mac Allister and Caicedo will be sold. Recruitment is very impressive but so was Southamptons at one point who had the same model. Brighton seem more well run I suppose though.

Ferguson, Mitoma and Enciso are still three terrific young players in attack. Thought Undav was poor but he's actually ended the season in good scoring form so perhaps he'll be that steady experienced CF for them.

Currently they're well set not to be in any relegation danger for about three seasons I think as usually it takes a terrible managerial appointment (Wolves and Everton) or 2-3 poor transfer windows (West Ham and Leicester) to seriously drop into relegation contention from mid table.

Brighton fearless in their play so they'll continue to win games next season home and away others will struggle to even draw.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Any reason why we match up so much better to them compared to Wolves and West Ham? It can't just be because those two are physical and bully us at set pieces as Brighton have some big units in their team.

Of course weaker team selection today than in normal circumstances but we did beat their first choice team in November. As did Gerrard comfortably home and away last season.

Since coming up our record v Brighton is played 8 W 5 drawn 2 and lost 1. With Wolves it's just 1 win and 5 losses, West Ham 0 wins and 5 losses.

Just one of those football oddities or something more because in a strange way I was much happier playing them on final day than say West Ham.

Ugh. Our record against West Ham is frustratingly bad. 

For a lot of the time we've been in Premier League Brighton haven't actually been this good, it's only really this season they've had a campaign befitting of the high praise they get, previous to that had four season's where they barely scraped past forty points, and last season did better finishing midtable, but were stil belowl the likes of Leicester and West Ham and only marginally better than Palace, Newcastle and Wolves.

Whereas West Ham and Wovles since we were promoted have had a couple of seasons finishing top seven, so overall have probably been tougher opponents than Brighton.

Â