The_Steve

5 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

De Zerbi's clearly given up for the season (look at the amount of rotation he's been doing the past few games) and most likely is hoping that the big clubs he was linked to earlier in the season (I'm still not convinced there was more to it than the usual football media rumours) will come calling even though his team have gone into a complete slump. He may well still be carrying a grudge over the transfer strategy last summer/in January: Brighton should probably have been more ambitious in replacing Mac Allister and Caicedo (Gilmour is never going to reach the same levels and Baleba is not going to be ready to start regularly for a year or two). Potentially they could spend a fair amount this summer, but they will be a less enticing prospect if they finish 14th than if they'd splashed the cash when they'd secured Europa League football and everyone was celebrating them as 'the best run club in the world'. Also, it's kinda crazy that they finished a point above us last season and are likely to finish 25+ points below us this time around.

This for me.  I'd imagine he believes the media hype and his agent is trying to sort a move for him to a big club.  

Â