The_Steve

30 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Kind of feel sorry for Brighton fans, Potter was working miracles there and they were on the up.  I can see them regressing now regardless of who they get in. 

When is the last time a manager left us for bigger and better things?

Yeah, although not the first and not the last to get **** by modern football, these same few clubs have done it for decades now with the protection of the game. If they’re allowed to do it I can’t see why they wouldn’t, the same with the things we do that smaller clubs would find shitty. If the laws of the game were stricter like you see in some American sports where no team can really establish permanent position in the ‘elite’, instead of bending over backwards because these clubs are #toobigtofail, we’d have a bit more of a competition again.

It will be comfort to Brighton fans that they have people at the club who realise the most important game starts off the pitch, and beating the opposition to young quality players that ‘come out of nowhere’ and seeing through manager ‘win percentages’ and ‘pedigree’ and instead just getting really good coaches and tacticians are their best bet at longer term success and stability.

watch as they hire Nigel Pearson now and make me look a clearing in the woods.

Edited by a m ole

6 hours ago, duke313 said:

When is the last time a manager left us for bigger and better things?

Graham Taylor to England. 

Although that didn't exactly pan out well. 

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He got Sassualo to verge of europe, just missed out last season. Two 8th place finishes and they were nice counter attacking team to watch under him. 

They were never going to appoint Sean Dyche. That's something we'd do....

We did, from houllier to mcleish

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just came to post this, incredible sad. 

It’s horrible to talk about money when the boys career has been ended, but will the lad be insured for this sort of stuff? Whilst his health is obviously the most important thing there is also the financial aspect. 

38 minutes ago, av1 said:

Just came to post this, incredible sad. 

It’s horrible to talk about money when the boys career has been ended, but will the lad be insured for this sort of stuff? Whilst his health is obviously the most important thing there is also the financial aspect. 

I'd imagine both club and player are insured against things like this, didn't he cost them £18million to sign him

Either way, it's better Mwepo is ok and can live a life, which hasn't been the case in the past

22 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I'd imagine both club and player are insured against things like this, didn't he cost them £18million to sign him

Either way, it's better Mwepo is ok and can live a life, which hasn't been the case in the past

Absolutely mate, I didn’t want to sound insensitive to the health, just that like most he has probably being to means that have now been taken away from him. 

Damn, yeah if you think how hard he’s worked in his life with dedication to get to this point in his career moving to Europe from Zambia to have to end your career as a precaution. I’m sure he felt a lot of responsibility to his family back home and Zambia itself.

18 minutes ago, av1 said:

Absolutely mate, I didn’t want to sound insensitive to the health, just that like most he has probably being to means that have now been taken away from him. 

Didn't think you was mate, you'd imagine he will be looked after, especially retiring so young

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Funny watching them work. Such predictable, and great, moves in the transfer market. All the time.

They've got about 10 years to break into the top 4/6 before everyone works like them.

It’s so odd that all of these names pop up on here months in advance of transfer windows and then they’re linked with Brighton.

Surely following their model can’t be that hard. I’m astounded they manage to sign these players when like you say, they’re such obvious targets for so many clubs. Surely he’s worth a punt at €10m or whatever? Even if we loaned him back for a season or whatever. 

• Thanks 1

Â