The_Steve

17 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It will be a shame when it all goes tits up.

I remember when Southampton were the poster child for youth development, developing players and selling for big fees and getting 3 or 4 managers on the bounce to be a hit and continue that philosophy.

Sooner or later. If you get your best players and coaches pinched you go down the toilet. Nobody forever can have such 'luck' in the transfer market

hard to know what "tits up" actually means, more that the hype dies down and they slip a bit to a place that is still decent enough and higher where they have been for decades previous

i think its more what the PL is, loads of clamouring and excitement about up and coming teams and teams doing things right and how everyone should be more like them...and then absolutely nothing said when that team goes on to do just about **** all...sky et al love the idea of a team flirting with doing something but then also love that chelsea having a "bad" season will spend £300m and end up where they always end up

brighton wont do anything, fulham and brentford wont do anything, liverpool will get europe, chelsea might too, the cups will go to a top 6 team or maybe newcastle

but how **** exciting was it in the worlds greatest league? rinse and repeat, brilliant for the product

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

They have an absolute gem in Evan Ferguson, a complete centre forward and only 18. 

If keeps his head down and stays focused he could be an elite striker

5 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

If he keeps his head up he won’t be able to see the ball.

Personally I’d like him to keep his head at precisely 45 degrees.

Would love to see a player running around with his head at a constant 45 degree angle.  AT ALL TIMES.

• Like 1

On 04/04/2023 at 22:41, Tommo_b said:

They have an absolute gem in Evan Ferguson, a complete centre forward and only 18. 

I listen to a lot of OTB (Irish football podcast) and they've not stopped going on about him for a year or 2.

Now I understand why, what a player! 

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

I listen to a lot of OTB (Irish football podcast) and they've not stopped going on about him for a year or 2.

No I understand why, what a player! 

He made his senior debut at 14, Irish media has surprisingly not really build up his hype until he really got going at Brighton

I think Parrott and Connolly have been poor recently after the hype that they calmed down

11 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Make no mistake. They are a serious team. They could batter us into oblivion. But we have picked up 7 points more than them since we got Unai

We actually match up pretty o.k v them. Won down there in Unai's second game and also pretty comfortably home and away under Gerrard.

I think that game down there though Ferguson hadn't yet broken through and they had Trossard upfront and Mitoma was ill so those two will add a different dimension to their attack.

I never feel playing them it's near impossible to get a result as it usually is for us v West Ham, Brentford and Wolves anyway.

Was watching our game obviously so haven't seen the VAR incidents so what actually happened? I did check the live score a few times in second half and it said they were 2-1 up with Welbeck scoring before it went back to 1-1 so I presume that goal being cancelled was debateable and something about a clear penalty that should've been checked?

Bad game for them to lose today anyway.

Just watched MOTD and even the pundits said there were so many wrong decisions, yet VARs chalks off goals and penalty shouts for Brighton. 

Shocking, I am still convinced of corruption in the game and this shows to me continual biased, unconscious or otherwise that favours the top 6...........................

........ oh wait a minute we are top 6 now 😀

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Just watched MOTD and even the pundits said there were so many wrong decisions, yet VARs chalks off goals and penalty shouts for Brighton. 

Shocking, I am still convinced of corruption in the game and this shows to me continual biased, unconscious or otherwise that favours the top 6...........................

........ oh wait a minute we are top 6 now 😀

VAR has only added to the controversy whilst taking away a lot of the enjoyment of the game.

Its a failed experiment. 

• Like 3

Â