The_Steve

De Zerbie interviewed saying Caciedo and McAlister likely to leave. They have so much other talent but they will do well to emulate this season.

They've only beaten us once, and we shithoused a lot and got away with a probable penalty decision in the last away win tbf, some antipathy understandable. Imagine how we'd feel it West Ham had Emi Martinez in goal every time they conspire to beat us.  Or if the brain-dead Michael Oliver overturned VAR penalty from the Brighton game in the COVID season had also happened in every subsequent match

The recent history seemed to be colouring things a bit today for Brighton's more Extremely Online contingent  (the timewasting was way less egregious than at the Amex and our relative control of the second half extended well beyond that), and in terms of discipline the ref kind of lost control to nobody's overall benefit. It was a foul-heavy but not especially ill-tempered game and it seemed like the atmosphere in the stadium wasn't particularly hostile

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

Great to see both sets of fans dancing and clapping with each other at the end. Hope they do well in the Europa. 

Yeah that was nice to see.

Brighton deserve there place in Europe and place some fantastic football. Their fans seem OK generally from what I have seen but obviously you'll always get a few extreme views from any set of support. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Liverpool are signing MacAllister from Brighton on the cheap. Apparently his new contract has a release clause of something from £45m - £61m. Amazing how they sign so many top players at bargain rates. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, John said:

Looks like Liverpool are signing MacAllister from Brighton on the cheap. Apparently his new contract has a release clause of something from £45m - £61m. Amazing how they sign so many top players at bargain rates. :rolleyes:

Ahhh yes, the "cheap" - which just happens to be more than what we've paid for any player, ever :D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Ahhh yes, the "cheap" - which just happens to be more than what we've paid for any player, ever :D 

Good point, but you get what you pay for and in their case generally a bit more than they pay for. 

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

It’s being reported that he has a “release” clause of between 45-55 million, that’s quite a discrepancy between the numbers. 

Plus Brighton have a policy of not inserting release clauses so I find that hard to believe. 

No doubt they have made a bid and will sign him but I don’t believe it’s a release clause. 

10 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

MacAllister going for £35m, perhaps Brighton not as well run as people say. Purslow would be held to account if we had such a low sell on clause.

Think there’s additional payments if he does X, Y, Z, probably takes it up a bit.

Does seem low considering Barnes is being touted for a similar price and Leicester aren’t exactly in Brighton’s negotiating position. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Think there’s additional payments if he does X, Y, Z, probably takes it up a bit.

Does seem low considering Barnes is being touted for a similar price and Leicester aren’t exactly in Brighton’s negotiating position. 

English tax mate.

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Am I the only person who doesn't think MacAllister is actually that good? Not really sure he's the player Liverpool need. 

I might be wrong as I haven’t seen a lot of him but I also think the same. However, it could be the case that he is a bit like James Milner was for us in his last spell here. To an outsider looking in he is not a fancy name or overly exciting in what you see on the tv highlights, but you appreciate him fully when you watch him in your own team pulling the strings week in week out.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

MacAllister going for £35m, perhaps Brighton not as well run as people say. Purslow would be held to account if we had such a low sell on clause.

I am semi-ITK about Brighton (it's the only thing I've ever been ITK about) and tbf they are a well-run club. This is just speculation but there must've been some sort of release clause.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I might be wrong as I haven’t seen a lot of him but I also think the same. However, it could be the case that he is a bit like James Milner was for us in his last spell here. To an outsider looking in he is not a fancy name or overly exciting in what you see on the tv highlights, but you appreciate him fully when you watch him in your own team pulling the strings week in week out.

He looked very at home in the world cup helping Argentina win the thing. I think there's a quality player in there. Doesn't mean he'll work in the rebuild that is going on at Liverpool though...

30 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He looked very at home in the world cup helping Argentina win the thing. I think there's a quality player in there. Doesn't mean he'll work in the rebuild that is going on at Liverpool though...

Let’s hope not, nothing against MacAllister but I hope Liverpool crash and burn and we go sailing past them. 😄

• Like 2

Â