The Holy Trinity Show

Dave-R

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Why has he got his own topic? Can’t this be discussed in the podcasts thread?

I think because he made a big splash when he hit the scene. Nobody knew who he was and nobody saw him coming. His format, presentation and polished production style was impressive. The Canadian thing was also a novelty.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jim said:

Hmmmm… never watched the guy but followed his thread on here. I think moving to Patreon is a bad move and won’t go as he thinks it will.

I know a few people in the reefing (fish) community with 6 figure subscriber numbers make the move and ended up moving back. Even more so now people are dropping subs not adding to them.

He would be better off trying it as early access, exclusive content or something first m.

Yeah, there's so much spare cash floating around right now, people are sure to piss away some of their precious cash on watching some amateur Villa Content. Maybe the millions stopping their Netflix subscription to pull some spare cash together will expend some of it on him. 

Laughed out loud when he spurted out that he will only be doing his show on Patreon now. £50 a year lads 🤣

He's just one of like 11 Aston Villa podcasts around and he's hardly special. The work Neil does of for the love of Paul McGrath is exceptional. 

£50 a year is literally hilarious. Turned off when he said that. Best of luck mate. I think they worked out if they get 100 or 200 subscribers they'll make like 1000 or 2000 a month. They can make as much money as they can I suppose.

Says all you need though. Could you imagine Neil or Dan Bardell charging you to talk about the club they love. You'd lose all respect instantly for them

• Like 2

8 hours ago, omariqy said:

Even then Dan has a full time job alongside what he does. It’s a tough industry to make it.

i had no idea. i thought that the various appearances paid a living wage. fair play to him

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I like his content, but not at £50. I much prefer Villa on tour as well, so will just continue with that.

I tend not to watch videos when we lose anyway, makes me grumpy.

Pretty much. When we win and I'm buzzing I put every one of them on, Villa View, Claret and Blue, all of them just to share the enjoyment.

We don't win every week though lol I'm not paying £5 to get extend my  anger into the week

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have no problem with him wanting to make his living talking about us, I think he could’ve presented that in a slightly better way but that’s just my opinion. I would love to do something like that, as I’m sure a lot of us would, but with family commitments and jobs the only way for it to become viable is to make that your job.

41 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Pretty much. When we win and I'm buzzing I put every one of them on, Villa View, Claret and Blue, all of them just to share the enjoyment.

We don't win every week though lol I'm not paying £5 to get extend my  anger into the week

I prefer to watch them when I think we played poorly just to see if I have watched the same game

I watched a lot in the last year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I prefer to watch them when I think we played poorly just to see if I have watched the same game

I watched a lot in the last year

That's seems so masochistic!

There's nothing I can do to change a bad result or improve our chances for the next game, and as I'm not about to go in to football management there's little point in viewing 'lessons learnt', so I definitely reduce my Villa content after a bad result and lap it up after a good.

I've enjoyed most of The Holy Trinity content so far. I'm not sure if it's the correct decision for Pete to go to Patreon only, but good luck to him all the same. Like many have said, there's enough Villa content to follow for free, so I probably won't be paying for the show's content next year.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

the helping him get to villa park probably rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.  we've all made our sacrifices to attend matches.

giving up, the luxury of a catalogue of Whisky, might help?

I like his shows, I like him and his presentations, but paying in a world, where everyone wants your money, makes you re-evaluate, the motives......and in a divisive sect like a football fan base, its not always easy to please everyone, particularly, with limited info.

Its kinda like the guy who always helps you across the road, every day, he's there with his smiling face, and chatty lines......and then that day  comes, with would you mind making a contribution, to my charity, my bank account no is XXXXXXXXX

I know, nothing is for nothing, but like Wiki's begging bowl, you expect them to make money elsewhere....maybe thats harsh, I don't know...but I see parallels.

I like Pete, but I like my mate in the pub, More, and he talks to me about the Villa too.

If Pete, despite his slick presentations read, that one day, he could make it a full time job, maybe he misread, the audience and his popularity has got the better of him.

I remember the telling reference by Brendan O'Carroll (Mrs Brown's boys) at one of his early stage shows, when he said " I know a ****ing bandwagon when I see one".....never a truer word said in jest.

Ps one of the biggest mistakes in business, is over valuing your product or service...If you are in doubt, your customers, will soon let you know, one way or another.

PPs Personally, I could see this coming, but best of luck Pete.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

As others have said, it's quite rare to see someone go fully Patreon exclusive right out of the gates - and especially not with such a small subscriber count.

Traditionally people do a two-track approach where they use Youtube to drive traffic to additional subscriber-only content. I guess in this case they just don't have time to do that stuff - but that's a bad sign in itself, unfortunately. You've got to build the business until it can support you; if you try and force that too early then it'll kill the business.

I do feel like the price point is a bit ambitious. £2 a month feels like beer money, £5 a month feels like something you might notice. I wonder how much of that is because of transaction fees though - maybe smaller sums get disproportionately eaten up?

2 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

As others have said, it's quite rare to see someone go fully Patreon exclusive right out of the gates - and especially not with such a small subscriber count.

Traditionally people do a two-track approach where they use Youtube to drive traffic to additional subscriber-only content. I guess in this case they just don't have time to do that stuff - but that's a bad sign in itself, unfortunately. You've got to build the business until it can support you; if you try and force that too early then it'll kill the business.

I do feel like the price point is a bit ambitious. £2 a month feels like beer money, £5 a month feels like something you might notice. I wonder how much of that is because of transaction fees though - maybe smaller sums get disproportionately eaten up?

£2 for beer money- where you do drink mate, I would like to know!

• Haha 2

Â