The Holy Trinity Show

Dave-R

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

Isn't his background in TV production? Best of luck to him, seems like a natural progression. It's important to try things even if they fail, it's the only way to find out if something is possible. I won't be paying because I can't afford it. If I could I would. Same as Kermode and Mayo Film show which is / was a show I absolutely love(d), but can't afford to pay for, so that's it..

I'll be honest. Not that I rate his content, because I don't for many of the reasons others have pointed out. However, if I'm going to fund anyone getting to Villa, unfortunately it wont be some middle aged bloke with a shite load of merch and family who wants to jack his job in for others to fund it for him. I'd rather help someone with nothing than someone who feels entitled. He could sell that subuteo table and get a few quid for that too for a start. 

• Like 2

If you want to make a career from Youtube content its possible. Like Dan Bardell for example is not everybody cup of tea  but has made a real good career from his podcasts

It's just about quality

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Interesting take by some here.

5 quid or nothing, the guy puts together a good quality show. I don't always agree with everything he says but it's usually a good listen regardless.

I'm not sure why he gets dogs abuse by some on here. Is it because he's Canadian?

I don't think his plan to go "patreon only" is going to work but I don't begrudge him making that decision, nor his desire to do this show as a full time job.

I think its because he is condescending to Villa fans more than he is Canadian

He has 8.8k followers according to YouTube has disaster written all over it

13 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Interesting take by some here.

5 quid or nothing, the guy puts together a good quality show. I don't always agree with everything he says but it's usually a good listen regardless.

I'm not sure why he gets dogs abuse by some on here. Is it because he's Canadian?

I don't think his plan to go "patreon only" is going to work but I don't begrudge him making that decision, nor his desire to do this show as a full time job.

Anyone who pays £5 a month to him is a complete moron. Sorry. That’s streaming platform of choice territory. Netflix is one pound more expensive for the basic monthly plan. 

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think its because he is condescending to Villa fans more than he is Canadian

He has 8.8k followers according to YouTube has disaster written all over it

.. see I've never thought he comes across as condescending. Just another passionate fan with a point of view - like 100% of the posters on here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Anyone who pays £5 a month to him is a complete moron. Sorry. That’s streaming platform of choice territory. Netflix is one pound more expensive for the basic monthly plan. 

Maybe people have money to burn? Also, when he says "5 quid" - I doubt that's in pounds. He probably means CAD$5

8 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

.. see I've never thought he comes across as condescending. Just another passionate fan with a point of view - like 100% of the posters on here.

I have, he threw some tantrums last season when people questioned the trainee after losses. He also had similar when Smith was sacked, I didnt want Smith sacked but understood the reasons why for example.

He irked me

23 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

The amount of posters on here from around the globe and still that stupidness pops up. 

Maybe someone is just being judged on what comes out their mouth rather than what part of the globe they're from. 

• Like 1

In fairness, it's not always about the size of the following.

Some people genuinely have a strong core cluster of supporters who love them.

I've seen relatively poor channels on Youtube where some people are donating 100 and 200 dollars during a live stream alone.

Neil and Co for the Love of Paul McGrath often gets 10, 20 and 50 pounds donated at times.

If I had wallops of disposable income, i'd probably financially support multiple different Villa platforms , well, because they are " one of ours " and at the end of the day they dedicate time to supporting the club we all follow. Whether I always agree with them or not.

• Like 4

if he is going the Patreon route, he really needs to do the standard stuff free, then offer additional content via patreon, to see what interest there is.

If he just goes full patreon, with his channel content, i imagine he will get virtually zero subscribers.

im not sure bog standard match review 10 minute videos once a week, are Patreon worthy, there are literally 10s or 100s of these types of channels all doing a similar thing with little variance in quality.

53 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If you want to make a career from Youtube content its possible. Like Dan Bardell for example is not everybody cup of tea  but has made a real good career from his podcasts

It's just about quality

Even then Dan has a full time job alongside what he does. It’s a tough industry to make it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Even then Dan has a full time job alongside what he does. It’s a tough industry to make it.

Thats fair enough didnt know that. Saw he was on Sky and Irish radio for example so thought was actually full time job now

Its good for him and us that if media need a Villa opinion its him not Gabby

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Thats fair enough didnt know that. Saw he was on Sky and Irish radio for example so thought was actually full time job now

Its good for him and us that if media need a Villa opinion its him not Gabby

Obviously I may be biased but I think it’s great for us to have someone so reasoned and in touch with the fan base representing us. Even I won’t always agree with him but at least it’s coming from a good place. Back to my original point - it’s so hard to make a living out of this kind of stuff that I think Pete may have been better just doing a crowd funding type of thing. People will see his expensive drinks and paraphernalia and basement full of villa stuff and just say no. The reality may be different but that’s how people think. 

• Like 1

Â