The Holy Trinity Show

Dave-R

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I watch The Holy Trinity show and enjor it. 

For the most part I think he gets it right and gives good insight.  

Occasionally he talks (in my opinion) some bollocks but then I don't think I've ever met another football fan who doesn't at times. 

I agree, there was one episode where he went a bit silly, I can't exactly remember what it was about and he got pelters for it but either side of that I think it's a decent show.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Indeed, there are several people on here who appear to go to Villa Park regularly who never really warmed to Dean and thought Gerrard needed more time and a massive exodus of our cowardly players.  How they could get it so wrong despite being there every week is beyond me.

That's the best you can do? 

Some have a soft spot for and even defend TIM **** SHERWOOD. 

This tells me that if you host a podcast you can probably please some of the people some of the time but you can't please **** idiots at all. 

Edited by sidcow

11 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I agree, there was one episode where he went a bit silly, I can't exactly remember what it was about and he got pelters for it but either side of that I think it's a decent show.

Yeah, can't remember what that was, think he unfairly criticised a player. 

I also turned him off when he jumped fully on board the zero evidence Purslow solely appointed and didn't want to sack Gerrard conspiracy. 

22 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I listen to every Villa podcast I can find. Luke from UTV podcast grated on me at first but now he's grown on me. I watch Holy Trinity sometimes but annoying not on my Player FM podcast app which is where most of the Villa podcasts are on. I prefer listening on way to work than watching YouTube video. I'm in the any content is good content camp

I'm the same, I like to take in as much Villa content as possible - even where I don't necessarily agree with their views. And to double down on some of the previous comments, I have a ST in the Holte End and there are tonnes of people around me who I would pay to never talk about football again. We're all entitled to our opinions (and to be ridiculed when those opinions are dross) but I've heard people around me say Mings/McGinn/Watkins etc are "the worst player(s) we've ever had". I'd rather listen to Pete from Canada than matchgoing fans who talk that kind of utter shit. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That's the best you can do? 

Some have a soft spot for and even defend TIM **** SHERWOOD. 

This tells me that if you host a podcast you can probably please some of the people some of the time but you can't please **** idiots at all. 

I'd always take Sherwood over Gerrard though.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think that was the episode where he basically asked for people to help pay for him to fly over to watch Villa. I found that episode pretty outlandish considering he doesn't look like he's short of a few quid. 

His show isn't really my cup of tea however, each to their own. If people enjoy his shows good on them, good on him for providing the entertainment people want. If he's been following the club for 4 decades then he really isn't what anyone could call a plastic fan. Fair play to him. 

I find that a lot of the best insight/content on any topic often comes from folk that weren't physically there to witness it, football included. Unless you're after a matchday experience vlog or whatever. There are folk on Twitter that are scouts etc that don't go to Villa Park every week but have more interesting, detailed takes on the team than your average fan that watches from the stands more often. That same logic extends to Villa-specific creators, seems sensible to assume that what they're saying, how they present it and so forth is more of a priority than how they watched the game live.

Each to their own though, I say that as someone that barely watches anything consistently from any Villa creators online since there's been more of a proliferation of them., Pete included. Neil from FTLOPMG (the name is too wordy, mind) is probably my favourite out of them all though, he knows his stuff and seems a good egg.

• Like 1

neil from the love of paul mcgrath podcast just attended his first match of the season (i think) and he's one of the best around in terms of analysis so it goes to show that attending matches means absolutely nothing in terms of how qualified you are to give analysis

that being said i don't think pete's analysis is any better or worse than any of the numerous podcasts that are out there...i know a few guys that really like him but i just don't personally get the hype. and the fact that it's a monologue rather than multiple people who bounce off each other definitely makes for a lesser product IMO.

but each to their own...i know there are folks that can't stand the likes of bardell whose analysis i really like so you can't please everyone. unless you work for AFTV i don't think you get into the villa podcasting game to make money anyway so i guess as long as someone, somewhere enjoys your content then you're doing something right

• Like 2

I stand in the Holte every game and still miss a ridiculous amount of info. My group spend most the game confirming between us what actually happened in specific moments, especially when we're kicking to the North Stand. Your just too far away to see 100% everything that happens. The big screen replays more often than not don't show much either. The only time I'm ever 100% on what has happened is when watching on the TV because you actually miss an awful lot when watching in the ground. 

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, can't remember what that was, think he unfairly criticised a player. 

I also turned him off when he jumped fully on board the zero evidence Purslow solely appointed and didn't want to sack Gerrard conspiracy. 

For me it was when he called the owners out for long Dean and said it was their biggest mistake (and I think he was making out they were now bad owners, can’t remember fully) and I stopped watching for a bit. I love Deano but he had to go and the over-reaction was mad. Yeah it hurt but you need to be level headed if you’re talking about Villa news. 

Back watching again for a number of months. Pete is great 👍 

19 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I think that was the episode where he basically asked for people to help pay for him to fly over to watch Villa. I found that episode pretty outlandish considering he doesn't look like he's short of a few quid. 

His show isn't really my cup of tea however, each to their own. If people enjoy his shows good on them, good on him for providing the entertainment people want. If he's been following the club for 4 decades then he really isn't what anyone could call a plastic fan. Fair play to him. 

Yeah I agree, he isn’t my cup of tea, actually find him quite annoying but I can imagine and understand many people like him and so fair play to him and for those that enjoy listening to him.  We all love Villa so it’s all good.

Ultimately the proof is in the pudding. If enough people like him he'll get enough viewers to keep going. 

If most people turn off he'll probably have to quit it. 

Right now he seems to get 8-10k views most games so a fair bit behind the Villa On Tour lads but I guess enough to make it worth his while though. 

I'm not paying to watch it though. 

Most of my viewing content is youtube, only use my virgin media for sports & movies. Some great stuff on YouTub, & the more Villa content the better, I like Pete come across well & is show is well made, love the Neil & Paddy on For the love of Paul Mcgrath Pod & Villa on tour lads, its great we have something to watch or listen to about our club & of a good standard.

• Like 1

On 12/04/2023 at 01:16, ozvillafan said:

Hmm...

I find that hard to take any other way than: "You've never been here, so you don't get it".

Which irks, since I've never been to Villa Park - and, likely, I never will. Something I share in common with a LOT of posters here.

And yet you’re an amazing poster, you come up with some great content. You’re as much a fan as all of us here. UTV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â