The Holy Trinity Show

Dave-R

Fact that there is a thread about his show moving to Patreon both here and another popular Villa forum shows that the guy clearly has made an impression.  Frankly, I enjoy his show. Find his takes interesting and it's a very well produced show. I'm not British, so his accent or the fact that he might not be a local does not bother me at all.

• Like 3

£5 a month to watch this arrogant chump?

...and the channel dies a death.

I pay £2 for undr the cosh , an absolute bucket load of content and variety.

£5 to watch some nobody chat shit in his mother's basement. No chance.

It's the time of thing you put on after a game now and again in the background to see if his views align  with yours. It's not **** Disney +

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 2

Just listened to his reasoning behind the move. It's a little batshitkray. Arrogance is probably too strong a word, but the assumption that people want to buy him and his producers a pint a month is a bit weird.

Quitting his job, and then supporting his family and paying a mortgage through running a full time Villa channel, that isn't on YouTube and new people can't find, is risky at best. 

Good luck to him.

I watch all the pods and they all have their positives and negatives. He delivers his show differently than the others as far more edited, but I also think he delivers his show with a bit on humour which some miss and can be taken the wrong way.

I’m not sure what the travelling to Villa Park bit was about, I understand he wants to create ‘better content’ but he lost me. I’ve done it a few times from Australia (3 times in length what he has to travel) and planning to go again in March next year, so don’t get why he hasn’t undertaken the pilgrimage. Being at the championship play off final was one of the best days I’ve had as a supporter.

I won’t be paying £5 on patreon to watch him which is a shame as I like his program.

• Like 4

I pay £5 a month for Top Flight Time Machine on Patreon, it's unique and hilarious and there's daily content.

There's other pods for free on YouTube and through apple podcasts, etc that cover Villa, and I tend to find them more interesting. Sorry!

Hmmmm… never watched the guy but followed his thread on here. I think moving to Patreon is a bad move and won’t go as he thinks it will.

I know a few people in the reefing (fish) community with 6 figure subscriber numbers make the move and ended up moving back. Even more so now people are dropping subs not adding to them.

He would be better off trying it as early access, exclusive content or something first m.

No chance, there’s plenty of half decent free stuff on YT and podcast, his stuff is OK, higher production values, but a bit empty of real content, it’s just his editorial of events and not much else.

I pay £5 a month to put up with you lot! I wouldn’t swap that.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I lived in Sydney for a long time and flew back to England to watch Villa occasionally during that time in my life and the housing market there is higher than Canada and flights are longer and more expensive but I saved my money because I loved the Villa and came to see them when I could.  He’s spent a fortune on Villa stuff as you can see from his videos and unlike me who was coming regularly he’s talking about coming once (at least).  He’s also talking about giving up his job to do this.  If he’s struggling with money and the cost of living you don’t give up your job to do something so risky.  So while you may think it’s churlish, I think it’s reasonable to question.  I looked up prices and as I said he could do his ‘life long dream’ for less than £1000.  I’m sorry but he’s a middle aged man even if he saved a small amount per month over the last 5 years or even 10 years he could’ve come to see the Villa if he was that keen to do it.  Nobody is saying come to 2 or 3 games a season, he just wants at least one in his lifetime.  

I can’t believe he can’t put a few quid away a week for a few years and use that to come to a match when he’s obviously buying Villa shirts and merch.

Spot on Nick.... I mean what is wrong with people these days. The amount of dough I spunked on the Villa over the years on ST for the family, merch, travel... It rolls into a fortune. Several times a season I'll let friends and family use my ticket if I cant make games and would never ask for a penny. 

I find the whole expectancy from a dude probably around my own age for people to fund his hobby laughable. The dudes breaking out expensive scotch every episode in a room with a right few quids worth of merch and then breaks out into an intro of, "well I dont have time to do this anymore, but I want to do more, so pay me to jack my job in and you fund my hobby, kids and mortgage". 

Fair play for the brass neck on him if anything else. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

Spot on Nick.... I mean what is wrong with people these days. The amount of dough I spunked on the Villa over the years on ST for the family, merch, travel... It rolls into a fortune. Several times a season I'll let friends and family use my ticket if I cant make games and would never ask for a penny. 

I find the whole expectancy from a dude probably around my own age for people to fund his hobby laughable. The dudes breaking out expensive scotch every episode in a room with a right few quids worth of merch and then breaks out into an intro of, "well I dont have time to do this anymore, but I want to do more, so pay me to jack my job in and you fund my hobby, kids and mortgage". 

Fair play for the brass neck on him if anything else. 

I know , so completely out of nowhere too. He hasn't acted like a smug self righteous arsehole for the past 2 years or anything.. 

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

I know , so completely out of nowhere too. He hasn't acted like a smug self righteous arsehole for the past 2 years or anything.. 

He's not my cup of tea at all.  Regardless though, I just don't think his content is anywhere near good enough to charge people. Each to their own though but with less than 9k subs on YT I think he'll struggle to get many to pay him. 

Most of our local podcasts struggle to get big numbers and his content is not on the same level as those with multiple presenters or guests that have direct contacts and info on the club. Take the Villa View, For the love of Paul McGrath etc. They get genuine media guests, ex players etc. More importantly the shows are more interactive. 

4 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

Anybody still watch this? 

Old Pete is moving exclusively to patreon and charging £8 a month for the privilege of watching his videos, he says the ultimate goal is to make it his full time job and to fund a visit to Villa Park, or something like that, anyways, how many of you will be paying? I know I won't be

I couldn’t abide watching him for free, let alone paying the Representative for Wellingborough for the privilege. 

9 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

He's not my cup of tea at all.  Regardless though, I just don't think his content is anywhere near good enough to charge people. Each to their own though but with less than 9k subs on YT I think he'll struggle to get many to pay him. 

Most of our local podcasts struggle to get big numbers and his content is not on the same level as those with multiple presenters or guests that have direct contacts and info on the club. Take the Villa View, For the love of Paul McGrath etc. They get genuine media guests, ex players etc. More importantly the shows are more interactive. 

Yep, our own @omariqy has a very decent and entertaining listen, and you can interact when live too, in fact I participated on their show this week. It feels inclusive. For me there are about 5 or 6 well presented, with decent constructive and insightful content YT channels and podcasts, all for free. For me these are better than the Holy Trinity, but I have to say it would be a shame for Pete’s channel to go behind a paywall, it won’t work. MOMS have a Patreon premium option but run enough content to keep you interested. 

Edited by thunderball
  • Thanks 1

echo what others have said, not for me but good luck to him

i think he's massively overestimated how many people are willing to pay for this sort of content.

now, if he ups his content. giving some player focus videos maybe, analysing performances of known scapegoats for example, bringing more stats into the equation, then i might be tempted. the cynic in me says we wont see such things though

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

echo what others have said, not for me but good luck to him

i think he's massively overestimated how many people are willing to pay for this sort of content.

now, if he ups his content. giving some player focus videos maybe, analysing performances of known scapegoats for example, bringing more stats into the equation, then i might be tempted. the cynic in me says we wont see such things though

You don’t need too many subscribers at £5 p.m. to earn a living, there’s plenty content providers that do, but if you don’t have a parallel free offering your offering eventually dries up.

I don’t think he’s done the numbers 

From the Patreon site:

https://blog.patreon.com/en-GB/figuring-out-how-much-you-might-make-on-patreon

If your goal is financial, it’s important to know that how much you can make on Patreon is determined by a few key factors: the size of your fanbase, the portion of your fanbase that’s interested in your membership offering, and the attractiveness and value of your membership offering.

For example, if a YouTube creator has 30,000 subscribers, and 15% of those subscribers are super passionate, then they’re likely to click through a video end card promoting the creator’s Patreon page, which means 4,500 people primed for patronage. However, not all 4,500 of those individuals will become patrons, in fact, typically 1-5% of those fans might convert to patrons (in this case, 45-225 people).

Not a hope in hell he makes it worth while with just 8k YouTube subscribers.

Isn't his background in TV production? Best of luck to him, seems like a natural progression. It's important to try things even if they fail, it's the only way to find out if something is possible. I won't be paying because I can't afford it. If I could I would. Same as Kermode and Mayo Film show which is / was a show I absolutely love(d), but can't afford to pay for, so that's it..

• Like 1

Â