The Holy Trinity Show

Dave-R

3 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Yep agree, couldn’t give a rats you know what about the politics in Canada, totally missed the context of the line, but probably tongue in cheek, only looking for a recommendation on a good 🥃.

Great analysis again.

Then best stay away from the Canadian ones.😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Think the Freedom Loving Truckers was a tongue and cheek comment.  Don't necessarily agree with all his views on the team but at least he attempts to back it up with examples and its a well produced podcast/vlog.

I took it as an ironic jibe as well. 

52 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Good Analysis IMO

Gave him another go, I didn’t last long.  He just has an annoying way of talking that I can’t get away from like Jack Woodward and that’s before I get to his ermmm analysis.

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 2

• 8 months later...

Anybody still watch this? 

Old Pete is moving exclusively to patreon and charging £8 a month for the privilege of watching his videos, he says the ultimate goal is to make it his full time job and to fund a visit to Villa Park, or something like that, anyways, how many of you will be paying? I know I won't be

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Old Pete is moving exclusively to patreon and charging £8 a month for the privilege of watching his videos, he says the ultimate goal is to make it his full time job and to fund a visit to Villa Park, or something like that, anyways, how many of you will be paying? I know I won't be

No chance. And I'd never heard of Patreon until now.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, leemond2008 said:

He’d have to pay me £8 to watch that and even then I’d turn it down

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

£8 a month just for his show or do you get to see loads of other stuff on Patreon?

It would be just his show. 

He also said it would be £5 per month, or £50 for the year. The Patreon isn't up yet to my knowledge, so the pricing could change.

Users generally set up tiers - a very small sub, perhaps £1 or £2 for the normal content, maybe a £4 tier for all the content, and then special tier for £10 or something which means you getting polling or other privileges, for example.

For those not familiar with the platform, it's very popular with 'content creators' from various platforms, but specifically Youtube.

It allows individuals to avoid Youtube's TOS and therefore post stuff they wouldn't be able to on that platform, no copyright strikes and that sort of thing.

Pete makes reference to doing live comms for matches which he wouldn't do on Youtube, for example.

I have a few Patreon subs that total about £15 per month. They generally run alongside the main Youtube channel and have some exclusive videos, some early access videos, that sort of thing. My subs are mostly gaming related. 

My point is, I'm not averse at all to subbing to watch. However, it is a little odd to go completely Patreon exclusive, and I think he might have to re-think that. The comments on the above video suggest the vast majority of viewers wouldn't sub.

Edited by hogso
  • Like 4

OK he says...

$8/£5 a month on Patreon

he doesn't have the time to dedicate to doing the show

he wants to put more effort, better shows, entertaining, more informative, more tactical stuff, more bells and whistles and more importantly he has absolutely got to get to villa park before he dies.

he doesn't think that he can call the show authentic until he's been to villa park and done a couple of live shows from there, gotten all that B roll and material and documented the trip...it'll be good for his soul, but he can't do it with all the other stuff he has to do.

he wants to provide some streaming commentary from the games while he's there.

he is basically asking for you to buy him a pint, that is something you would probably do already if you met him, buy him a pint every month (his words not mine). 

sounds like a **** cheek to me (my words not his) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

He has some nerve 😂😂

One of the worst Villa podcasts about

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I like Pete. Find him very watchable, if not especially analytical.

I do think a fiver a month is a big ask. I probably only watch one of his shows a month. I get a Sky entertainment pass om NowTV with all their channels and on demand shows for a fiver a month. 

Good luck to him but I can't justify it. If it was a pound I'd do it, and it would probably raise him more money overall. 

• Like 1

Â