The Holy Trinity Show

Dave-R

Wow. I've generally enjoyed listening to him but nowhere near enough to pay for it. Watching the YouTube adverts is bad enough. 

I say generally because there are a couple I've turned off as he's gone a bit weird.  Most recently the Gerrard sacking / Fulham one where he went in pretty heavy on Purslow spouting all the internet rumour bollocks about he's been conducting himself which I've been arguing against on here so I'm buggered if I'm going to listen to a random Internet video channel spouting the same crap. 

52 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Anybody still watch this? 

Old Pete is moving exclusively to patreon and charging £8 a month for the privilege of watching his videos, he says the ultimate goal is to make it his full time job and to fund a visit to Villa Park, or something like that, anyways, how many of you will be paying? I know I won't be

I like watching him but I pay that for Amazon Prime. If he wants to fund a trip to VP then get a job, alternatively you can all give me £8 so I can go to Canada 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

OK he says...

$8/£5 a month on Patreon

he doesn't have the time to dedicate to doing the show

he wants to put more effort, better shows, entertaining, more informative, more tactical stuff, more bells and whistles and more importantly he has absolutely got to get to villa park before he dies.

he doesn't think that he can call the show authentic until he's been to villa park and done a couple of live shows from there, gotten all that B roll and material and documented the trip...it'll be good for his soul, but he can't do it with all the other stuff he has to do.

he wants to provide some streaming commentary from the games while he's there.

he is basically asking for you to buy him a pint, that is something you would probably do already if you met him, buy him a pint every month (his words not mine). 

sounds like a **** cheek to me (my words not his) 

I'll buy him a pint of Ruddles in Spoons, that's about £1.70 I think

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

OK he says...

$8/£5 a month on Patreon

he doesn't have the time to dedicate to doing the show

he wants to put more effort, better shows, entertaining, more informative, more tactical stuff, more bells and whistles and more importantly he has absolutely got to get to villa park before he dies.

he doesn't think that he can call the show authentic until he's been to villa park and done a couple of live shows from there, gotten all that B roll and material and documented the trip...it'll be good for his soul, but he can't do it with all the other stuff he has to do.

he wants to provide some streaming commentary from the games while he's there.

he is basically asking for you to buy him a pint, that is something you would probably do already if you met him, buy him a pint every month (his words not mine). 

sounds like a **** cheek to me (my words not his) 

A don’t mean to sound like a dick but surely if he was so desperate to get to Villa Park for a game once in his lifetime and he’s such a big fan then he could on his own means?  

A round trip with flights, accommodation and tickets would knock him back less than £1000.  It’s a lump sum but given his love for Villa and it’s a one off then it’s reasonable.  

I mean most of us are paying £600-800 a year every year for our season tickets plus travelling costs anyway and the average Joe won’t be much worse or better off than him.  

I know he’s putting effort in to do the show but seems to be a bit of cheek for the cash, maybe it’s because I’m not a fan of his but if he’s so desperate to get to Villa Park I just don’t get why he can’t as a one off, one year during the time he’s been a Villa fan so far or in the future.  Am I wrong?

• Like 3

On 10/02/2022 at 13:08, ciggiesnbeer said:

He said his whiskey was as Canadian as freedom loving truckers as he toasted the screen.

I caught the tail end of the Nazi talk bleeding into the latter pages and simply had to find the nexus. The glass raise was a complete pisstake - it was an Alberta Rye whiskey. Alberta, by an absolute distance is the home of the Canadian knuckle dragging cousin f**king redneck - though there is so much more to the province than that. It is the Texas of Canada (resource stripping oil loving conservative province). The lead protesters mostly came from there - Tamara Lich is from Medicine Hat, AB and through the nonsensical Wexit wanted AB to secede from Canada, Jason LaFace of Canada Unity stated their intended goal was to dissolve the federal government, very Canadian!

The "convoy" and protest  wasn't limited to snarling the nations capitol either. A border crossing in Coutts, Alberta was blockaded. Ultimately this did somewhere between $5-8bn CAD of damage to the economy. These people did nothing but harm to Canada.

It was quite literally a joke that went directly over your head. The dude even lives in the Lower Mainland (Vancouver area) of BC. The greenest, most bulls**t-left leaning part of Canada on the liberal West Coast. This one flew right over your head.

42 minutes ago, hogso said:

It would be just his show. 

He also said it would be £5 per month, or £50 for the year. The Pateron isn't up yet to my knowledge, so the pricing could change.

Users generally set up tiers - a very small sub, perhaps £1 or £2 for the normal content, maybe a £4 tier for all the content, and then special tier for £10 or something which means you getting polling or other privileges, for example.

For those not familiar with the platform, it's very popular with 'content creators' from various platforms, but specifically Youtube.

It allows individuals to avoid Youtube's TOS and therefore post stuff they wouldn't be able to on that platform, no copyright strikes and that sort of thing.

Pete makes reference to doing live comms for matches which he wouldn't do on Youtube, for example.

I have a few Patreon subs that total about £15 per month. They generally run alongside the main Youtube channel and have some exclusive videos, some early access videos, that sort of thing. My subs are mostly gaming related. 

My point is, I'm not averse at all to subbing to watch. However, it is a little odd to go completely Patreon exclusive, and I think he might have to re-think that. The comments on the above video suggest the vast majority of viewers wouldn't sub.

Yeah I won't be doing that 

1 minute ago, ccfcman said:

I caught the tail end of the Nazi talk bleeding into the latter pages and simply had to find the nexus. The glass raise was a complete pisstake - it was an Alberta Rye whiskey. Alberta, by an absolute distance is the home of the Canadian knuckle dragging cousin f**king redneck - though there is so much more to the province than that. It is the Texas of Canada (resource stripping oil loving conservative province). The lead protesters mostly came from there - Tamara Lich is from Medicine Hat, AB and through the nonsensical Wexit wanted AB to secede from Canada, Jason LaFace of Canada Unity stated their intended goal was to dissolve the federal government, very Canadian!

The "convoy" and protest  wasn't limited to snarling the nations capitol either. A border crossing in Coutts, Alberta was blockaded. Ultimately this did somewhere between $5-8bn CAD of damage to the economy. These people did nothing but harm to Canada.

It was quite literally a joke that went directly over your head. The dude even lives in the Lower Mainland (Vancouver area) of BC. The greenest, most bulls**t-left leaning part of Canada on the liberal West Coast. This one flew right over your head.

Nah he knew  exactly what he was doing.  Anyway he is cancelled. Feel free to watch him if you like. Free country. But I wont because he is a right wing crazy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Nah he knew  exactly what he was doing.  Anyway he is cancelled. Feel free to watch him if you like. Free country. But I wont because he is a right wing crazy.

I'd be embarrassed too. Bye hun x

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, nick76 said:

A don’t mean to sound like a dick but surely if he was so desperate to get to Villa Park for a game once in his lifetime and he’s such a big fan then he could on his own means?  

A round trip with flights, accommodation and tickets would knock him back less than £1000.  It’s a lump sum but given his love for Villa and it’s a one off then it’s reasonable.  

I mean most of us are paying £600-800 a year every year for our season tickets plus travelling costs anyway and the average Joe won’t be much worse or better off than him.  

I know he’s putting effort in to do the show but seems to be a bit of cheek for the cash, maybe it’s because I’m not a fan of his but if he’s so desperate to get to Villa Park I just don’t get why he can’t as a one off, one year during the time he’s been a Villa fan so far or in the future.  Am I wrong?

All the villa merch and shit he has would have cost more than a trip to VP.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Wow. I've generally enjoyed listening to him but nowhere near enough to pay for it. Watching the YouTube adverts is bad enough. 

I say generally because there are a couple I've turned off as he's gone a bit weird.  Most recently the Gerrard sacking / Fulham one where he went in pretty heavy on Purslow spouting all the internet rumour bollocks about he's been conducting himself which I've been arguing against on here so I'm buggered if I'm going to listen to a random Internet video channel spouting the same crap. 

Oh maybe he isnt that bad after all 😛

I do find him a bit condescending to fans that dont agree with him which is why i stopped listening to him

44 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

In fairness his material is not for a Canadian audience unless I am mistaken. Probably not the most intelligent or in joke to make

As soon as I watched the episode today, I knew the thread would be bumped 😂.

He already isn't popular with some so I knew this would make it even worse.

To be fair, you can actually make good money as a content creator on YouTube for free via sponsors etc 

As a matter of fact, on YouTube your followers can make " donations " to you on lives, and even subscribe for a fee.

For the Love of Paul McGrath Podcast already actually does this.

What some people would do is ALSO have a Patreon account with more exclusive content.

Thing is, as a set of fans already dislike him, and whether want to admit it or not, he's starting from a losing position by not being British, it will be easier for people to judge him as being desingenuos partially due to this.

46 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Mate... Please don't tell me you're still on this whole Canadian trucker freedom joke thing? 🤦🏿‍♂️

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What some people would do is ALSO have a Patreon account with more exclusive content.

This is the smart move. Make some money from ads from the free offering, and also use that as advertising for your paid content. It's nowhere near viable moving to a paid model when he can only get ~10k viewers for free content. He'll be doing very well to get a 1% conversion rate.

• Like 1

I enjoy his perspectives from time to time, but I don't see why he couldn't just do YouTube Premium or sub-only content on YouTube. It's not like it's that regular anyways - that way, people can easily donate. He could just do that tip cup app. I just don't want to use a whole different platform for content.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ccfcman said:

Saw some of his Twitter likes after reading this and I certainly won't be donating.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

You're applying some very UK centric pricing to this. You never know what other people are living through. Like myself, he lives in one of the most expensive housing markets on earth. I'd like to fly home to see my family but European flights are eye wateringly expensive. Particularly when the average 1 bedroom apartment is $2200/month and doubling per room.

I think it's churlish to quiz anyone's financial resources.

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate... Please don't tell me you're still on this whole Canadian trucker freedom joke thing? 🤦🏿‍♂️

I havent thought about him for a long time I was asked so i responded. I cancelled him because I think he is a nutter. You are perfectly entitled to watch if you like him. 

He brought up politics in his football pod not me. You think he was joking, I dont, because I saw him become unhinged before when Deano got sacked (in a now edited video he made paranoid ramblings about people believing in the government like they believe Purslow).

Anyway Its a free country he can have whatever crazy views he likes. I dont like his views and I am not interested in what he is selling. I dont come in here telling others not to watch him. Villa fans have a mind of their own. Seems like a win/win all around.

🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I havent thought about him for a long time I was asked so i responded. I cancelled him because I think he is a nutter. You are perfectly entitled to watch if you like him. 

He brought up politics in his football pod not me. You think he was joking, I dont, because I saw him become unhinged before when Deano got sacked (in a now edited video he made paranoid ramblings about people believing in the government like they believe Purslow).

Anyway Its a free country he can have whatever crazy views he likes. I dont like his views and I am not interested in what he is selling. I dont come in here telling others not to watch him. Villa fans have a mind of their own. Seems like a win/win all around.

🤷‍♂️

He's entitled to his views, as much as we are free to challenge it. I just think it's wrong to use a platform dedicated solely to football to do so. I'm very uncomfortable with him liking multiple tweets from one of the biggest Covid conspiracists and cranks in this country from the same account.

• Like 1

Â