The Holy Trinity Show

Dave-R

30 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

His production is very good, and he is a very good presenter, his views on Villa, can be insightful. Whether we disagree with his analysis I think doesn't really matter. For me the point of consuming this podcasts is to listen to different viewpoints, and gain some new insights.

His is a proper show, a far superior in terms of quality of presentation to the rest of Villa YouTube podcasts and shows.

I love Villa View, but Dolan and Ty Bracey are terrible (but can be entertaining).  Utv podcast don't really watch as I don't find their opinions particularly nuanced.

FTLOPM I like as their statistic based analysis and scout reports are informative. Paddy need to stop the Bailey hating though.

Claret and Blue podcast are Birmingham mail produced so I'd rather not.

Big fan of Neil and paddy, you should have a look at the villa park podcast, they have a fella on called Gareth cooper who’s heavy on data and tactics 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Big fan of Neil and paddy, you should have a look at the villa park podcast, they have a fella on called Gareth cooper who’s heavy on data and tactics 

Neils show is excellent.

Villa Park podcast is hilarious lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

His production is very good, and he is a very good presenter, his views on Villa, can be insightful. Whether we disagree with his analysis I think doesn't really matter. For me the point of consuming this podcasts is to listen to different viewpoints, and gain some new insights.

His is a proper show, a far superior in terms of quality of presentation to the rest of Villa YouTube podcasts and shows.

I love Villa View, but Dolan and Ty Bracey are terrible (but can be entertaining).  Utv podcast don't really watch as I don't find their opinions particularly nuanced.

FTLOPM I like as their statistic based analysis and scout reports are informative. Paddy need to stop the Bailey hating though.

Claret and Blue podcast are Birmingham mail produced so I'd rather not.

The saving grace for Claret and Blue podcast is Mat Kendrick.  I find him hilarious in that brummie way. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Surely the number 11 stops off at Doha on the way to Villa Park???? Get with the program man!

It must do. The number 11 goes EVERYWHERE man. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Multiple things aligned ranging through

- Dwight Yorke (Caribbean connection) 

- The unique name

- Family on Moms side lived within earshot of VP ( Could literally hear the place erupt when I was on visit to Birmingham en route to Qatar at 8/9 years old )

- European Champions almost exactly a year before I was born.

- Sadistic need to be " different " and root for the sleeping giant/underdog with history and potential 

- Leeds supporting friend ( Needed a comparable competitor lol )

I've told the stories multiple times and i'm sure there are things i'm missing, but i'm convinced I also willed JPA to VP as i used to watch him and Saviola at River Plate, in JA and were desperate for them to join.

My situation is a bit unique, as i've lived between Jamaica and Qatar since I was 8 years old. 

I don't even remember how I found VT but i'm pretty sure it was on a dial up internet connection lol.

But as you know, it's one of those things, and the rest is history.

Trust me though, you would be shocked to know the extremely random and varied fanbase we have around the world, I met quite a few out here during World Cup, and in Abu Dhabi.

Koreans, Iraqis, Syrians, Saudis and so on, with the most random stories about how or why they became Villans.

Ah man, that's beautiful. 

You can't have my **** ticket though.😂😂

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

- The unique name

- Family on Moms side lived within earshot of VP ( Could literally hear the place erupt when I was on visit to Birmingham en route to Qatar at 8/9 years old )

- Sadistic need to be " different " and root for the sleeping giant/underdog with history and potential 

I've told the stories multiple times and i'm sure there are things i'm missing, but i'm convinced I also willed JPA to VP as i used to watch him and Saviola at River Plate, in JA and were desperate for them to join.

My situation is a bit unique, as i've lived between Jamaica and Qatar since I was 8 years old. 

I don't even remember how I found VT but i'm pretty sure it was on a dial up internet connection lol.

Trust me though, you would be shocked to know the extremely random and varied fanbase we have around the world, I met quite a few out here during World Cup, and in Abu Dhabi.

Koreans, Iraqis, Syrians, Saudis and so on, with the most random stories about how or why they became Villans.

I've lived in places between Brum and Kiddy since I was born.

It's like we're brothers 

• Haha 4

There are some fantastic villa podcasts out there. I find Claret and Blue can be a little tuffy on occasion but they have produced some of my favourite content- JG, BL and MON interviews for a start. Just fantastic. 

I also like a bit of fusion and think the best combo of all would be Neil from FTLOPM mixed with Dan Bardell from TVV. The two of them just work really well when they appear together and I'm not sure why. 

Am surprised none of the various pods have had the idea of making an episode on the theme of certain big games: Inter Milan x 2, Tranmere, Athletico Madrid etc.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

7 hours ago, TRO said:

where's that barrel, to scrape?

I was more being flippant in the sense you could go on and on. At least Gerrard got us Kamara, I honestly don't think there is anything that redeems McNeil, two clubs in one season,  what was Douglas thinking?

• Like 1

On 12/04/2023 at 01:16, ozvillafan said:

Hmm...

I find that hard to take any other way than: "You've never been here, so you don't get it".

Which irks, since I've never been to Villa Park - and, likely, I never will. Something I share in common with a LOT of posters here.

I'm happy to offer a house swap with you. Your pay the flights and I'll buy your match ticket. Probably won't me much difference at the moment

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, TRO said:

I am in awe of the loyalty, from folk like you shaun......its endearing.

We locals are spoilt and inadvertently take it for granted at times.

On thing I would like to see, is a contingency of The Ghanaian Villa Fans Rock up at Villa park and do their thing....can't wait for that day.

Talk about motivation.....they are mind blowingly inspiring.

One day, someone will stump up the money and bring them over, to a fan fare, I suspect.

back to you Shaun, I sincerely hope in the near future you can make the pilgrimage to the mecca of football, where McGregor organised the foetus of the best league in the world.

you have to do it, mate.

There's a reason why Villa Park is the favourite ground of so many professional footballers and visiting supporters. It will be 150 yrs that we've been playing at this hallowed ground next year, that's some history, I sometimes think about, especially when I'm watching us, all them games and those great players that have graced that wonderful stadium. I love the fact that we have supporters all over the World, look at Prince William, it isn't some casual fondness he has for the club, he's emotionally invested like all Villa fans should be, and he's even got the little current bun hooked, which, as you know, is an obligation for all Villa Dads. It was brilliant seeing the Prince and Carew embraced in joy when we got promoted."We are the chosen few"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

There's a reason why Villa Park is the favourite ground of so many professional footballers and visiting supporters. It will be 150 yrs that we've been playing at this hallowed ground next year, that's some history, I sometimes think about, especially when I'm watching us, all them games and those great players that have graced that wonderful stadium. I love the fact that we have supporters all over the World, look at Prince William, it isn't some casual fondness he has for the club, he's emotionally invested like all Villa fans should be, and he's even got the little current bun hooked, which, as you know, is an obligation for all Villa Dads. It was brilliant seeing the Prince and Carew embraced in joy when we got promoted."We are the chosen few"

Although its the club's 150th birthday next year, we didn't move to the site which is now Villa Park until 1897 - still a very good year though, we did the League and FA Cup double !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

Although its the club's 150th birthday next year, we didn't move to the site which is now Villa Park until 1897 - still a very good year though, we did the League and FA Cup double !

Ok! I was there in 74 for the centenary, we played that dirty Leeds side from the seventies. I remember the players kicking mitre casers into the crowd. 

That was the beginning of the great Saunders reign. Such a privilege to have witnessed us winning trophies. I sometimes think "what if", had he not resigned. Another terrible Doug decision. 

7 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I sometimes think "what if", had he not resigned. Another terrible Doug decision. 

It was Ron Bendall, I’m sure, who was chairman at the time and he wanted to change Ron’s contract from a rolling contract to a fixed one.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

- The unique name

Man this is great ❤️ I love reading your content on here. UTV 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blandy said:

It was Ron Bendall, I’m sure, who was chairman at the time and he wanted to change Ron’s contract from a rolling contract to a fixed one.

You may well be right, but I'm sure Doug was making noises in the background, he was certainly chairman when Tony Barton was in charge. 

Â