Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Just now, est1874 said:

30 million???

Are we sure Lange got the decimal in the right place?

**** me that's steep. Can't believe we offered them 25m for JWP but 30 for Ings, that don't make all the sense in the world but Idk what to think anymore really.

That’s what Strikers go for these days.

WTAF.

Just went into the kitchen to do the dishes, come out and we’ve signed Ings from out of nowhere!!!

Tell you what, after years of being labelled a boring club, we’re anything but these days!

Cushions the Grealish blow a little I guess.

• Like 2

Now some time has passed I'm not too surprised by this signing, last summer we tried to sign Wilson and I believe that was in addition to Watkins, I think this is basically the alternative to Wilson, similar type of player in terms of experience and pedigree, just a year later.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Just now, a m ole said:

Why are you calling anyone out for suggesting we go for young players with a high ceiling?

Really odd comment.

Because that is the rhetoric on here whenever we are linked with anyone over 28. See the start of the Young thread as an example. 

2 minutes ago, jim said:

No, no, no. This does not fit the criteria I was told by the experts on VillaTalk. 29 is far too old and does not fit our model!

Welcome Danny!

I could see them signing him as a sort of stop-gap until our youth players have developed properly. Plus we have a quality England squad player to go along with our other England squad striker.

Â