Julián Álvarez

Delphinho123

38 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

CM2001 him and Pablo Aimar. I still get a tingle in my panties thinking about that.

John Gregory tweeted a photograph of his match programme from when he went to see Juan Pablo Angel play before he signed him. Saviola and Aimar both in the starting line up with big asterisks beside each of them. Few other familiar names too - maybe Cambiasso. He’d written notes beside each of them.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I leave VT to do some work and come back to find Rashica’s gone to Narwich and we’re signing South America wonder kids. I love it!

The last forward we signed from River Plate didn’t turn out too bad.

Get him signed up Johan! I wanna see that fantastic but disturbing smile.

Ice Cube Reaction GIF

Sad Germany GIF by FIFA

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

John Gregory tweeted a photograph of his match programme from when he went to see Juan Pablo Angel play before he signed him. Saviola and Aimar both in the starting line up with big asterisks beside each of them. Few other familiar names too - maybe Cambiasso. He’d written notes beside each of them.

I remember the Express and Star running a story about Aimar. I’d love to see the tweet from JG

16 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

I think the forward line was Aimar, Angel, Saviola and Ortega. Not a bad front 4

16 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

Yeah JG said he wanted to sign Aimar aswell but was way out of budget, think he moved that January to Valencia for about 15m.

I think the orignial plan was to sign  Serna aswell who was Colombian midfielder at Boca Juniors to help Angel settle but that didn't happen (probably work permit). Think we were also linked to Mario Yepes who was at River at the time but if we'd signed him Mellberg probably wouldn't have signed in the end.

Always good to get a nice core of South Americans in given it's generally been the continent that's produced the best players down the years and there's some really good value still if you scout well enough.

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah JG said he wanted to sign Aimar aswell but was way out of budget, think he moved that January to Valencia for about 15m.

I think the orignial plan was to sign  Serna aswell who was Colombian midfielder at Boca Juniors to help Angel settle but that didn't happen (probably work permit). Think we were also linked to Mario Yepes who was at River at the time but if we'd signed him Mellberg probably wouldn't have signed in the end.

Always good to get a nice core of South Americans in given it's generally been the continent that's produced the best players down the years and there's some really good value still if you scout well enough.

Back then that fee was maybe equivalent to £70 million now i reckon

Edited by RicRic

7 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Back then that fee was maybe equivalent to £70 million now i reckon

Probably not quite that much, would have meant that Juve paid €250 million for Buffon.

Edited by sne

Â