Julián Álvarez

Delphinho123

15 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Norwich using Villa's Buendia money to buy Rashica is classic shithousing.  Good on them.

must have fished the lead out....from VT.

51 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

My only gripe is for the love of Zeus, as we're finally signing up all the South Americans going can we PLEASE sign someone with the surname "Villa"?  Would it be that hard?!  There's enough of them, for crying out loud.

And get Villa Boas to replace Terry when he's off.

We've obviously moved on to bigger and better.  He was our target when we were looking at avoiding relegation.  Now he's been signed by a team who are looking to avoid relegation.

• Like 2

Lad doesn't look like a striker to me from the video. Looks like his positioning on TM is accurate. Winger, Wide forward maybe, could play in the 10. 

Be nice to see us pick up a cheapish winger and turn them into Aguero but feels like an AEG or Trez replacement. Maybe a potential 10

Edited by HalfTimePost

4 minutes ago, stegzy said:

Just listening to Tim Vickery (the South America correspondent) on the World Football Phone In podcast and he gets Asked about Alvarez (about 11 minutes in) and says he is pure class and says he would be an amazing signing and if he had to compare him to any former Villa striker it’d be Gary Shaw.

Gave it a quick listen and yeah he really rates him, said the problem might be finding a good role to play him in, can play anywhere along the front to a varying degree but his best role would be as the 2nd striker in a 4-4-2 so sounds like he would play further forward than Barkley, quality wise he's sold me on him though 

Also said that river brought him through very slowly, don't always play him but he does play the big games

maybe that's why his name isn't instantly recognisable 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stegzy said:

Just listening to Tim Vickery (the South America correspondent) on the World Football Phone In podcast and he gets Asked about Alvarez (about 11 minutes in) and says he is pure class and says he would be an amazing signing and if he had to compare him to any former Villa striker it’d be Gary Shaw.

Holy shit.

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He goes by The Spider.

Should be good at spinning in behind.

Nicknames, awesome!

Jack, the Magician 

Martinez, the Maid (always clean sheets 🤪😂)

McGinn, the Kardashian (big rump)

….

I think a Forward who can play as 2nd striker or as lone striker is what we need. So a young player who can be coached to play Watkins role when Watkins isn't in team (early cup rounds or carrying a knock) and can also play alongside him if we need to take off a midfielder to play a more attacking second striker. (like we did with Davis on with Watkins)

• Like 1

Â