Julián Álvarez

Delphinho123

23 minutes ago, Enda said:

Not doubting you pal, but based on what?

I’m not ITK or anything, just looking for a reasonable source before we get the hopes up.

Actually… I take the back. I thought CalcioMercato was a legit source since Frabrizio writes for them but turns out it’s the Italian version of the Daily Mail. Just ignore me! Lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wes said:

Been busy today but I'll try to write up something later during the England game and I'll post it in here

We’ll you’ve got to do something to pass the time during the Southgate bore fest. 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I wonder if he overheard Martinez bigging up Villa to Buendia and thought, shit I want in on that. 

I wouldn’t be surprised given that Emi was yelling down a megaphone at the time. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Plot twist...

It's diversion tactics to force Bremens hand so we can reel in Rashica  :ph34r:

I actually thought that could be the case. Or perhaps Alvarez is the push to get ESR  over the line. 

Or….ESR was used to get Alvarez signed. In which case we must remember our manners and sincerely thank the Gooners. 

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

I actually thought that could be the case. Or perhaps Alvarez is the push to get ESR  over the line. 

Or….ESR was used to get Alvarez signed. In which case we must remember our manners and sincerely thank the Gooners. 

Or just sign all three!

14 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

My only gripe is for the love of Zeus, as we're finally signing up all the South Americans going can we PLEASE sign someone with the surname "Villa"?  Would it be that hard?!  There's enough of them, for crying out loud.

By The Beard Of Zeus GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Wes said:

I posted about this guy three weeks ago in the Summer Transfer Window thread.

I got his age wrong when posting that - he's 21. For those asking about Work Permit it wouldn't be an issue with the new points scoring system post-Brexit. It is much easier to buy players from South America now because the Copa Libertadores is considered on the same level as Champions League level now, points-wise.

Been busy today but I'll try to write up something later during the England game and I'll post it in here.

His agent is speaking to both Ajax and us, so I wouldn't say this is done yet, despite reports on random people's twitter. Here's to hoping though!

Great work, Wes. 

• Thanks 1

Â