Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

What has happened to Kane. the first two matches he has barely had a kick. 

He's obviously not fit and he's playing in the wrong way, dropping deep too much.

Do any players in the England squad play for a team that hoofs the ball forward at every opportunity?

We have so many players that are excellent with the ball at their feet, yet they are bypassed all the time.

Still can’t believe Watkins or Bamford aren’t in the squad. Kane looks a mess.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

It's the modern game. Tippy tappy, sideways back and forth......

Playing from the back is very vogue........until you watch it !

I understand what you are saying but that for me wasnt that, what we watched was almost as if we were 1-0 and trying to run out the game.  It started about 10 minutes into the game, which was bizarre.  All that talent in the England team and we are slow going forwards and not trying anything, not creating anything.  We get close to an opposition player and then play backwards.  Given all these players are from different teams, that then is a tactic by the manager.

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Phillips has got to start as 6 on his own. Mount as an 8 with Bellingham. Jack and Foden out wide and Kane has got to stay up front as in stay in position and not think he's Messi as a false 9. 

Mings was the boss today. 

Sorry but if you play Jack and foden wide you need pace up front, so I'd go DCL or Rashford. I think England should play Jack at 10 , Sterling left, Foden right and Mount alongside Rice.

• Like 2

Just now, Chindie said:

He's obviously not fit and he's playing in the wrong way, dropping deep too much.

Kane did have an exceptional season playing that new role, so he can do it, but we aren't set up for it.  We aren't set up for anything really.

Just now, Philosopher said:

Sorry but if you play Jack and foden wide you need pace up front, so I'd go DCL or Rashford. I think England should play Jack at 10 , Sterling left, Foden right and Mount alongside Rice.

DCL pace? 🤣

• Haha 1

Presenter asking Souness about a heart in the mouth moment. No room for a heart with those sparkling new teeth he's sporting. 

Looking **** ridiculous. 

I hoped we’d have this shit in the first game, then an inquest, and come out better against Scotland.

Stole a win against Croatia which papered over all the cracks.

Edited by Genie

Â