Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

On 23/05/2022 at 08:36, The Other Mat said:

I saw this yesterday before the city game (I couldn't spilt the bottom tweat away). His game is more rounded than Phil's but he excels in areas like key passes/xA where you'd expect Coutinho to be leading the stats. So if Coutinho is good enough based on his performances for us, then Buendia is more than good enough.

No offense to Buendia, but there is only one player at the football club who would have scored the goal Coutinho did against City. I think we're lucky to have two outstanding players here in Couts and Buendia. We just need the Strikers to click and finish the chances they'll create

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

No offense to Buendia, but there is only one player at the football club who would have scored the goal Coutinho did against City. I think we're lucky to have two outstanding players here in Couts and Buendia. We just need the Strikers to click and finish the chances they'll create

I think Buendia is clear in every other aspect other than finishing, but they're close. It's great to have both! 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

That first touch was the greatest first touch i have seen at Villa in a long long time. Possibly ever. It was perfection .

7 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

That first touch was the greatest first touch i have seen at Villa in a long long time. Possibly ever. It was perfection .

Traore v man city at the etihad last year was pretty sweet iirc

• Like 2

Really has to be starting but not sure he will be.

Coutinho & Buendia really lacks pace too. Really feel the only way to make it work is to have a rapid forward running into their long balls. 

Had Ollie been able to score his chances we'd have been 3 or 4 up Vs City. 

Either way, we need to find a way to get Emi starting. He's our best player. It'd be stupid to have him on the bench so often again

I just love this guy. Super talented, hard working and loves to get stuck in. He offers us so much. Need to find a way to ensure we can utilise both him and Coutinho. City have a team of ballers so let's just copy them. Easy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, CalVilla88 said:

Heres the xG (xGOT) for each of these

Man City (H) - Carney miss - 0.38 (0.43)

Burnley (A) - Ings goal - 0.40 (0.86)

Crystal Palace* (H) - Watkins miss - 0.29

Wolves (H) - Ings miss - 0.26 (0.78)

Brentford (A) - Ings goal - 0.14 (0.73)

Watford (H) - Ings miss - 0.53

Burnley (H) - Ings miss - 0.28 (0.18)

Total goals = 2

Total xGOT = 3.8 *includes the two shots which missed the target

Essentially, Aston Villa scored half as many goals on Emi's through balls as they should've. 

That ball against Burnley, get better every time you watch it. Strikers heaven, did similar against Palace away if I recall 

Â