Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

21 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If that's true, why didn't Sanson get the same?

I think he'd probably decided Sanson was always going to be behind JJ / McGinn from what he's seen in training. That he wanted someone new in the 8 role this summer, with experience and some stature. Sanson was bought cheaply and his book value is about 9mil so he will be easy to move on for a booked profit. Basically Sanson is in with Traore as a player to move on this summer. Decision made.

Bailey is different, he clearly has shown talent in training and as a new signing this season for big money Gerrard needed to see more of him as he probably doesn't know how he fits into the plans yet. While Coutinho and Buendia he knows exactly where they fit in next season. 

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I think he'd probably decided Sanson was always going to be behind JJ / McGinn from what he's seen in training. That he wanted someone new in the 8 role this summer, with experience and some stature. Sanson was bought cheaply and his book value is about 9mil so he will be easy to move on for a booked profit. Basically Sanson is in with Traore as a player to move on this summer. Decision made.

Bailey is different, he clearly has shown talent in training and as a new signing this season for big money Gerrard needed to see more of him as he probably doesn't know how he fits into the plans yet. While Coutinho and Buendia he knows exactly where they fit in next season. 

His book value is 9 mill? What?

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

His book value is 9 mill? What?

Players transfer fee's get amortised over the term of the contract. 

He joined in Jan 2021 on a 4.5 year contract for £14m. So 1/3rd of his fee has been amortised (ie paid via our accounts). Leaving £9.3m left in book value. 

When selling a player the fee received is offset against the remaining player amortisation. So if we sold him for £10m we would book a profit of £0.7m

As he has 3 years left on his contract. I would expect us to loan him out for a season for a loan fee. Say back to Marseille for a £3m loan fee plus his salary covered and look to sell him after he's back playing regular football 

14 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He doesn't weaken them.

Many errors in that game from City. He had one cleared off the line moments earlier.

He'll never be a £100m player as much as I love him.

Probably not, the going price in a couple of years will be 120/130 million

When Buendia plays we create chances. We need to find a way to start him and Coutinho which will need a far more physical midfield that can win the ball and control possession. That plus a decent striker and we are all set. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe the hate towards Gerrard for not starting him will calm down a bit now. Very poor.

I can’t agree with that mate, he’s just a bit too aggressive in the challenge but has looked like arguably our best player with the ball at feet.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, daggy_333 said:

He made a mistake. He's human.

If Coutinho did that fans would be going mad at Gerrard for playing him over Buendia. 

I personally like them both and happy with whatever manager decides.

Anyway hopefully Emi can redeem himself this game. 

Loved his energy and aggression tonight.  He’s absolutely fuming when not given the ball and a bad decision is taken by a team mate.

Him, Mcginn and Pope the best players in the pitch

• Like 3

Â