Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s been tidy enough I suppose. Phillips and Bissouma are both better. Take Son and Kane from that Spurs team and they’re bang average.

Laughable.

Also take Bentancur, Kulusevski, Lloris and Romero they be average😉

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Laughable.

Also take Bentancur, Kulusevski, Lloris and Romero they be average😉

Kusulevski is a decent player, nothing special. Agreed about Romero, forgot about him - he’s looked good. Martinez is better than Lloris.

7 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

He and Coutinho are both marvellous players…

Their ball control and ability to spot a pass are remarkable…
We are incredibly blessed to have them both at our club

If only they combined to be just one player, would be certainly a ballon dor winner

Great players can play together and I am sure they can find a way

If Gerrard can get Buendia and Coutinho to build up a proper partnership then that has the potential to be a game changer for us. I know there are challenges due to their similarities, but they are both creative players and at this level of the game that is gold dust. Most centre forwards have similar conversion rates, Goals vs xG etc in the long run so the main variable is the quality and quantity of the chances created for them - and that's why these two players have to viewed as the answer. We've given plenty of opportunities for an Ings/Watkins partnership to develop so there should be no excuses why that same luxury cannot be applied to Buendia - the ceiling of a Buendia / Coutinho creative partnership surely has a far higher ceiling if it clicks than an Ings/Watkins strike partnership. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Kusulevski is a decent player, nothing special. Agreed about Romero, forgot about him - he’s looked good. Martinez is better than Lloris.

He is 4th in the league for goals + assists per 90. That's more than decent to be fair.

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

What is "special"? Mbappe?

Kulasevski is a champions League level player. A top attacker. 

I'd also argue that Lloris is rock solid, better than Martinez. And that's not a go at Martinez, he is also a top keeper.

I think we like to undervalue players who play at top end clubs. They are there for a reason. 

Catchphrases lik "shit" or "special" really don't tell the whole story and land far from the truth. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If only they combined to be just one player, would be certainly a ballon dor winner

Great players can play together and I am sure they can find a way

You’re right. That would be one heck of a player.

They have all of the qualities and footballing intelligence between them to end up forging an attacking midfield partnership which could keep defences awake at night wondering how they are meant to deal with them.

Wasn’t Coutinho among the nominations for the Ballon Dor a few seasons back?

Have we ever had a player for us who has been in the running for that award?

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

What is "special"? Mbappe?

Kulasevski is a champions League level player. A top attacker. 

I'd also argue that Lloris is rock solid, better than Martinez. And that's not a go at Martinez, he is also a top keeper.

I think we like to undervalue players who play at top end clubs. They are there for a reason. 

Catchphrases lik "shit" or "special" really don't tell the whole story and land far from the truth. 

I think also that we expect everything that high reputations players do to be world class. That's not really how it works. Even the best players in the world will do 4 or 5 things in a game that no one else can do. Sometimes less, sometimes none.

It's the aggregate effect that makes them world class. 

3 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

You’re right. That would be one heck of a player.

They have all of the qualities and footballing intelligence between them to end up forging an attacking midfield partnership which could keep defences awake at night wondering how they are meant to deal with them.

Wasn’t Coutinho among the nominations for the Ballon Dor a few seasons back?

Have we ever had a player for us who has been in the running for that award?

Paul McGrath came 12th, 13th and 26th in the voting in '91, '92' and '93 respectively. He also came 17th in 1987 but was playing for United at the time.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Buendia is a good player. Nothing special in my opinion. There, I said it. 

Do you think Coutinho is better currently? Really?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He just is though. His eye for a through ball out of nowhere just makes us so dangerous.

I don’t doubt he’s a good player and he definitely should be in our team. I just don’t think he’s as good or as ‘special’ as people make out on here. 

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Absolutely. 

Why don't you explain what you think makes Coutinho better? From what you've seen of both of them in Villa shirts. Would love to hear it.

Â