Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

I’d love to ask Buendia about his goal, he went to ground in the centre circle and kinda laid there for a few seconds while we had the ball but nobody put it out of play so the Burnley players seemed to assume he was injured and they collectively forgot about him. He then stood up and sprinted into the box and got on the end of McGinns pass and scored. Pre planned move? 

9 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I’d love to ask Buendia about his goal, he went to ground in the centre circle and kinda laid there for a few seconds while we had the ball but nobody put it out of play so the Burnley players seemed to assume he was injured and they collectively forgot about him. He then stood up and sprinted into the box and got on the end of McGinns pass and scored. Pre planned move? 

Highly doubt it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If Coutinho did that fans would be going mad at Gerrard for playing him over Buendia. 

I personally like them both and happy with whatever manager decides.

Anyway hopefully Emi can redeem himself this game. 

Wouldnt that mean Coutinho has tracked back into our box?

• Haha 2

Just now, The_Rev said:

Is that a hot take or do you have any insight? 

Hot take.

I find it difficult to believe that faking an injury on the halfway line and then sprinting into the box to smash a volley in is something practised in training.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

See I feel it’s the opposite. It was just a really odd thing to do, literally just went down on his own in the centre circle two minutes into the second half then stood up and absolutely booked it into the area with no defenders anywhere near him. 

It’s precisely the sort of pre planned move that would come about at Bodymoor. How do you arrive late in the box unmarked? Make the guy who is supposed to pick you up forget you exist.  

4 hours ago, The_Rev said:

See I feel it’s the opposite. It was just a really odd thing to do, literally just went down on his own in the centre circle two minutes into the second half then stood up and absolutely booked it into the area with no defenders anywhere near him. 

It’s precisely the sort of pre planned move that would come about at Bodymoor. How do you arrive late in the box unmarked? Make the guy who is supposed to pick you up forget you exist.  

If it was a pre planned move there would surely be a beaming smile from Emi, and he'd have been straight over to McGinn?

What are you guys going on about.

That goal and "injury" was clearly not practiced.

If it was, Buendia would have gone to trip over, breaking both legs and an arm, while the ball ended up at the sty.....

:trollface:

our planned stuff seems to he comically bad in terms of outcome.....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Emi2 is a certified baller. He’ll learn from that mistake. His pressing game defensively also makes a big difference. 

Less aggressive in our own box would be good, but he also has to stop playing no-look passes and backheels around the halfway line or in our half. High risk/reward is great but only when you're further up the pitch.

34 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Less aggressive in our own box would be good, but he also has to stop playing no-look passes and backheels around the halfway line or in our half. High risk/reward is great but only when you're further up the pitch.

Yes, that would also help. I think it’s also having the players around him that can adjust to it. But he doesn’t need to over complicate it either. 

9 hours ago, The_Rev said:

I think that was when he (yet again) slipped over on the pitch? Looked injured at first.

That cheeky flick he did down the line was absolute filth. Traoré levels.  Throw in his pressing, his vision,  his determination and creativity and we have an absolute gem.

Something about Emi's being good for us!

Â