Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

6 hours ago, CalVilla88 said:

Heres the xG (xGOT) for each of these

Man City (H) - Carney miss - 0.38 (0.43)

Burnley (A) - Ings goal - 0.40 (0.86)

Crystal Palace* (H) - Watkins miss - 0.29

Wolves (H) - Ings miss - 0.26 (0.78)

Brentford (A) - Ings goal - 0.14 (0.73)

Watford (H) - Ings miss - 0.53

Burnley (H) - Ings miss - 0.28 (0.18)

Total goals = 2

Total xGOT = 3.8 *includes the two shots which missed the target

Essentially, Aston Villa scored half as many goals on Emi's through balls as they should've. 

Classy , this lad could really improve himself and us if he can operate high up the pitch , hopefully the midfield next season will enable this 

Interesting that the pass from midfield for a lot of these through balls was coming from Luiz. 

Also Ings could really have had a hatful last year. Left so many out there which is surprising. Can’t even say it was unlucky as he missed good chances most of the season. No idea why that would be. 

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Please play him constantly next season… 

Buendia is a special player and such an asset, we need to get the best out of him and make him a mainstay of the side. He is our best creator.

If we can solidify midfield enough, Emi, Coutinho and Ramsey will be free to link up and fully express themselves in attack and whoever plays at CF (just the one) should thrive too.

McGinn should rotate with JJ rather than play further back, but Ramsey is the better player now with so much more potential. I’m not sure we even need John going forwards… unless he also improves considerably. But I wouldn’t want to see him starting ahead of JJ for the majority of time…

A physical presence next to Kamara would make us so solid in front of, what I know believe is, a solid defence. 

I expect all of our existing players to improve but a few additions in the right areas will leave us in a much stronger position. 

I'm of the same view. Buendia is our best outfield player. He needs to start.

Assuming we want Coutinho to start, it means we have to only play one striker, who is able to get on to Emi's through balls and put them away.  Ings for me.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Interesting that the pass from midfield for a lot of these through balls was coming from Luiz. 

That's because McGinn lofts it over the attacking midfielders ;)

As others have said, he's our best outfield player. He's 25 years old, and should be starting every game.

If we don't give him that, he'll eventually go to a club that sees his value and it'll be a huge regret for us.

7 hours ago, CalVilla88 said:

Heres the xG (xGOT) for each of these

Man City (H) - Carney miss - 0.38 (0.43)

Burnley (A) - Ings goal - 0.40 (0.86)

Crystal Palace* (H) - Watkins miss - 0.29

Wolves (H) - Ings miss - 0.26 (0.78)

Brentford (A) - Ings goal - 0.14 (0.73)

Watford (H) - Ings miss - 0.53

Burnley (H) - Ings miss - 0.28 (0.18)

Total goals = 2

Total xGOT = 3.8 *includes the two shots which missed the target

Essentially, Aston Villa scored half as many goals on Emi's through balls as they should've. 

Thanks for this. Those clips show that some haven’t got a clue about football. - Douglas Luiz (who has been called a nothing footballer in his own thread by some) plays the incisive passes into Emi in two of those clips. 

Secondly Ollie makes a good run against Palace but imo he should have squared it JJ would have had a tap in. He has had similar situations in other games but had his shot blocked or he shanked it wide yet he could have made a square pass for an onrushing Coutinho or Ramsey or McGinn.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Thanks for this. Those clips show that some haven’t got a clue about football. - Douglas Luiz (who has been called a nothing footballer in his own thread by some) plays the incisive passes into Emi in two of those clips. 

Secondly Ollie makes a good run against Palace but imo he should have squared it JJ would have had a tap in. He has had similar situations in other games but had his shot blocked or he shanked it wide yet he could have made a square pass for an onrushing Coutinho or Ramsey or McGinn.

I do hope Watkins improves his decision making. More so than any of his other attributes.  He did seem to get better towards the end of the season,  but it's his biggest weakness for me. 

Buendia will keep providing assist worthy deliveries,  and it will be up to Watkins/Ings to finish then off. 

Luiz was never the issue, where he was being played was the problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

I do hope Watkins improves his decision making. More so than any of his other attributes.  He did seem to get better towards the end of the season,  but it's his biggest weakness for me. 

Buendia will keep providing assist worthy deliveries,  and it will be up to Watkins/Ings to finish then off. 

Luiz was never the issue, where he was being played was the problem.

Watkins needs a 3 touch max rule imposed on him by Gerrard. He'd be a much better player for it.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Watkins needs a 3 touch max rule imposed on him by Gerrard. He'd be a much better player for it.

So once he's got it under control, he'd just be standing there unable to kick it until someone else does? ;)

• Haha 4

One of maybe 6 or 7 that i am expecting to be even better next season.  If they all start maxing their potential then its going to be a fun season. And i have a feeling that Emi will end up player of the season .

• Like 1

Buendia obviously likes drifting and cutting centrally especially from the right side. I’m wondering if we sign another CDM like Sangare if we could play the formation below in certain games. McGinn seems to do better playing more advanced with Scotland and he also likes running into the wide right channel which tends to be vacated by Buendia. Also with McGinn and Cash up on the right wing, we’d have two different crossing options.

Watkins/Ings

Coutinho                                   Buendia

McGinn

Kamara                 Sangare     

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CalVilla88 said:

Buendia obviously likes drifting and cutting centrally especially from the right side. I’m wondering if we sign another CDM like Sangare if we could play the formation below in certain games. McGinn seems to do better playing more advanced with Scotland and he also likes running into the wide right channel which tends to be vacated by Buendia. Also with McGinn and Cash up on the right wing, we’d have two different crossing options.

Watkins/Ings

Coutinho                                   Buendia

McGinn

Kamara                 Sangare     

Ramsey > McGinn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The kind of player you build a side around and your strikers can guarantee they get one or two quality quality chances a game with the ball at their feet or in their path.

Been horrendously managed this season from the first game to the last.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The kind of player you build a side around and your strikers can guarantee they get one or two quality quality chances a game with the ball at their feet or in their path.

Been horrendously managed this season from the first game to the last.

How did Smith manage him horrendously?

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How did Smith manage him horrendously?

He was playing a different position constantly. One week he was a right winger the next he was a 10 the next he was a left sided Grealish replacement. I don't think Smith had a clue what to do with him.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He was playing a different position constantly. One week he was a right winger the next he was a 10 the next he was a left sided Grealish replacement. I don't think Smith had a clue what to do with him.

True but he was also struggling himself early days. Would lose count how often he would get shrugged off the ball and put the team in trouble. Definitely grew as the season went on. Will play a big part next season. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â