Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

5 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I think we like to undervalue players who play at top end clubs. They are there for a reason. 

Catchphrases lik "shit" or "special" really don't tell the whole story and land far from the truth. 

Rise of the social media banter sites, let's all have a laugh at spurs and Arsenal's expense because they're a mess and shit... They're still a lot better than the likes of us! 

There are genuinely people on here who think we should have caught arsenal this year, other than basing it on lad bible I don't know how, they're years ahead of us, and hundreds of millions of pounds, spurs the same

Could throw utd in there too but to be fair... But they'll now have that tag for years even after they've turned it around and become a decent team again 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Why don't you explain what you think makes Coutinho better? From what you've seen of both of them in Villa shirts. Would love to hear it.

Define better? Coutinho’s ball control and technique is superior, few players in the world have what he has. Buendia however is more industrious and currently more useful to the team.

• Like 2

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

Define better? Coutinho’s ball control and technique is superior, few players in the world have what he has. Buendia however is more industrious and currently more useful to the team.

Agree with that completely!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Do we think he will be off this summer? Wouldn’t blame him if he left. 

I hope not!

Was delighted we signed him and if we can get Ings back to his Southampton form, Coutinho - Ings - Buendia

Has the potential to be one of the most exciting attack-forces in the league.

• Like 1

Typical Villa fan reaction.

Why would he want to leave?

I think it showed today against a good team that he is not top quality, as PC is, but him and PC could play together, possibly with a better striker and at least 1 better midfielder behind him.

If he goes, he goes, hes goes. hes ok to me no more.

4 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Typical Villa fan reaction.

Why would he want to leave?

I think it showed today against a good team that he is not top quality, as PC is, but him and PC could play together, possibly with a better striker and at least 1 better midfielder behind him.

If he goes, he goes, hes goes. hes ok to me no more.

4 goals and 6 assists in 21 starts in his first season. 

Highest chance creation per 90 is the best of any of our players and would have had a bag load more assists if Ollie and Danny hadn't been so wasteful in front of goal most of the season. 

He's arguably just as important to us as Coutinho and together next season I think they will be devastating. 

He's going nowhere!

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I believe he'll show better numbers next season -- starting more games will help.

Don't see any risk of him leaving. The general view from people outside the club is that he's been a slight disappointment this season and I don't think any club at this point would pay what he would cost.

11 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Hes played in 37 games this season, 4 goals.

I like Buendia, but honestly, i think we need better

If we sort the DM and CM roles out we will see the best of players like Buendia. I would also expect Buendia’s stats to look better if we had strikers that could score more consistently.

• Like 2

I've been a bit critic of Buendia throughout this season. I thought he was average at best the first half of the season and was being given too much slack for it. But credit to him, he's stepped it up immensely for the second half of the season. 

Do think he could still improve on the goal scoring department though.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

I saw this yesterday before the city game (I couldn't spilt the bottom tweat away). His game is more rounded than Phil's but he excels in areas like key passes/xA where you'd expect Coutinho to be leading the stats. So if Coutinho is good enough based on his performances for us, then Buendia is more than good enough.

• Like 3

On 22/05/2022 at 20:06, Ingram85 said:

Still got 4 years left on his contract. 

He'll be a big player for us going forward. 

Â