Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

57 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Emi Buendia once again showing why he should be the first name on the team sheet. I wish he was thought of as highly as Coutinho is by the management. They're not too far apart in my opinion.

The trick would be to get them both on the teamsheet and both playing effectively.

But I agree, Emi has to start.  Fantastic player.

• Like 4

I thought he was contender along with Archer for best player in the second-half, and there were a bunch of others that had good games too, so did well to stand out, bu also I think t he did fade out of the game as the half went on.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Has to start opening game of the season, farcical if he is on the bench

He's not a Gerrard signing and probably wouldn't have ever been a Gerrard signing, and because of this we can expect to see him on the bench more than we ever want to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

He's not a Gerrard signing and probably wouldn't have ever been a Gerrard signing, and because of this we can expect to see him on the bench more than we ever want to.

But to be fair Gerrard has been extremely complimentary of Buendia from the day he arrived so I'm not sure he's not starting him just because he wasn't one of his signings.

If anything Emi puts himself about as much as anybody and you'd think that this, more than anything would be the trait that Gerrard likes / wants from his players.

He had a good 45 minutes and I'd like him to start against Man U with Coutinho and Watkins/Archer.

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

At least Davies is also a name.

Beundia doesn't exist, anywhere.

Ha very true but I can forgive getting a couple of letters mixed up on a foreign name, but adding in a letter to a simple five letter name to form a different player (Ex Bolton) I can't handle 😅

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

At least Davies is also a name.

Beundia doesn't exist, anywhere.

I love it when this happens and then you search Google and find that there are actually eleven people with the surname Beundia in the world!

Five in the Philippines, four in the USA, one in Colombia and one in Spain. 😃 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My only criticism is when he try’s to hold and turn near the middle of the pitch. It’s great when he pulls it off or gets fouled. But when he gets shrugged off the ball and leaves us exposed on the break it can be very dangerous. 

This happened a lot in the early matches after he joined.

I like Buendia but I don't rate him as highly as others on here. He's got a lot of good qualities but he lacks power, strength and pace. You could argue Coutinho does too but he's just a magician. 

I've said before, I think Gerrard perhaps fancies Bailey over Buendia as a 10. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I love it when this happens and then you search Google and find that there are actually eleven people with the surname Beundia in the world!

Five in the Philippines, four in the USA, one in Colombia and one in Spain. 😃 

Nah

I think with Kamara adding a more solid base to the midfield, we will see more of Buendia & Coutihno together… Cannot wait to see them receiving the ball higher up the field with Kamara’s passing range and creating havoc. Emi’s work rate is going to be essential and think he’ll thrive next season and make the Argentina WC squad. 

Â