Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Funny but his lack of pace is now being countered by his ability to outsmart opponents and his lack of strength is being countered by his tenacity. He's becoming the player we all hoped. Once the relationship with Lil Phil starts to blossom I can see teams getting mauled and pulled apart. He's been quality for the last few weeks and long may it continue.  

26 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I can't wait to see him and Coutinho play together. Just really hope it isn't another Watkins and Ings situation but I think that's unlikely. 

No worries at all, Buendia has been screaming out for someone to be on the same wavelength as him and in Coutinho he get's exactly that, both players like to pass and move and does that as good as anyone in the game. They will connect perfectly. Buendia isn't a ball hugger in the same way as Jack was, so no risk for me that they will take the ball from each other. Coutinho is more of a ball hugger than Buendia, but still not too much of it.

• Like 4

On 16/01/2022 at 00:06, NurembergVillan said:

His pass for the equaliser was insane.

The obvious ball was wide to Digne, but he's put it on a plate for JJ instead.

Very soon, someone is getting the 7-2 style beating from us that is now struggling to claw its way out of our old team. When it comes it’ll launch the rest of our season, and the Emi-Coutinho link up will be at the centre of it. 

I really hope it’s at Everton.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

A longer highlights reel of Buendia last Saturday

That play ending with the filthy pass to Cash at 1.36 is just unbelievable. Absolutely world class. 

27 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Only a matter of time before he got up there. Remember, he was 4th in the league 2 seasons ago with Norwich:

image.png.2a849af813a2645acaa3488dfb78507f.png

image.png.c7eb3586ee4c7e348c1f03efedcf5ae8.png

Per 90, he was actually 2nd behind De Bruyne (and Jack fell to 7th).

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I was just admiring that pass he put into Jacob's  path for the second goal. What a thing of beauty. 

Was a thing of beauty indeed. I think with Coutinho in the team now he'll find himself in more space and hell be creating more chances. I can see him getting into the Argentina squad for the WC if he continues like this.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I was just admiring that pass he put into Jacob's  path for the second goal. What a thing of beauty. 

Reminded me of the pass Jack played againsr Palace Boxing day last season when Ollie screwed it up before El Ghazi planted a screamer top left.  Played it so close to the defender but all the while knowing the defender could not intercept it due to his balance.  Beautiful indeed

• Like 1

On 18/01/2022 at 14:07, MWARLEY2 said:

A longer highlights reel of Buendia last Saturday

Not since that guy last year could I watch a player's highlight video and enjoy it. Buendia has improved so much and he is the beating heart of everything we do. It's so noticable when he's subbed that we're not the same team at all. Hopefully that's not the case so much with the new signings, but respect. He's playing well!

• Like 1

Â