Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

16 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

I agree with most of this. However, Grealish’s weight of pass was absolutely sublime. I’d say Buendia’s vision and desire to speed up the game is better. 

Yes agree Emi is quicker thinking and passes with more pace. He was like a man possessed yesterday ManU could not handle him. Towards the end of the game Matic resorted to wiping him out completely which of course the ref didnt card him for! 

So pleasing to see him finding his feet here now, he’s a special talent and a key player for us. Creative genius.

Just needs others to be on his wavelength, surrounding him with more quality (like Coutinho, Ramsey linking up well too) will only improve us and make us a more formidable team.

You have to make intelligent runs for him, he will create all game…

Dropping a CF would help too 🙄

It feels like he’s finally arrived, just like I knew he would. He was my first choice signing in the summer, and he’s now showing us why. What a player. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, El Zen said:

It feels like he’s finally arrived, just like I knew he would. He was my first choice signing in the summer, and he’s now showing us why. What a player. 

Agreed. I have wanted him here for a couple of windows.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

To be fair Mav....his play wasn't delivering that level of performance, hence the doubts, from fans.

That's where I disagree and why I have been defending him, in every game this season his movement and work rate has been absolute top class, often he has been the only one making runs, wanting the ball, showing up for throw ins, making himself available and trying to play one two's etc. It's first now that we have a settled formation and style of play and the players have started to click, it also helps that he has a passer in Luiz behind him and who picks him out with intelligent passes (like for Ings goal the other game).

He has said himself that he wasn't at his best at the beginning of the season, of course he needed a bit of time to adapt to the PL again, new team mates and wasn't he partly injured as well during the pre season. So I agree he deserved to get reviews early in the season that his performances wasn't top class, but what I turn against are the people who just writes him off and are overly critical and refuses to see what he actually brought to the team even in the early games, and didn't take these circumstances into account. Like today he brings a lot to the team even if he doesn't score, assist or even if he loses the ball on a few occations.

11 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

That's where I disagree and why I have been defending him, in every game this season his movement and work rate has been absolute top class, often he has been the only one making runs, wanting the ball, showing up for throw ins, making himself available and trying to play one two's etc. It's first now that we have a settled formation and style of play and the players have started to click, it also helps that he has a passer in Luiz behind him and who picks him out with intelligent passes (like for Ings goal the other game).

He has said himself that he wasn't at his best at the beginning of the season, of course he needed a bit of time to adapt to the PL again, new team mates and wasn't he partly injured as well during the pre season. So I agree he deserved to get reviews early in the season that his performances wasn't top class, but what I turn against are the people who just writes him off and are overly critical and refuses to see what he actually brought to the team even in the early games, and didn't take these circumstances into account. Like today he brings a lot to the team even if he doesn't score, assist or even if he loses the ball on a few occations.

and then you go one to elaborate and agree.

Thats the point, he wasn't palying well initially and now he is.

confused.

He’s really going to thrive here now, the admiration of SG and link up with quality players such as Coutinho is only going to help further.

Class player, needs others to be on his wavelength and he will create chances galore.

• Like 3

Can't stop watching some of his highlights from the Man Utd game. Every time he gets the ball just feel like his going to make something happen. Hopefully we will see him and Coutinho link up behind Ings/Watkins starting this weekend.

Â