Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

21 hours ago, birdman said:

Yes agree Emi is quicker thinking and passes with more pace. He was like a man possessed yesterday ManU could not handle him. Towards the end of the game Matic resorted to wiping him out completely which of course the ref didnt card him for! 

That was scandalous! 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Buendia is a complete baller, all those people questioning his ability need to have a head wobble, clearly a baller.

What i love about him is he is absolute quality on the ball, some of the passes he tries are sublime, but also he works his a** off tracking back and hustling, what a player.

Buneida should be one of the first names on the team sheet, and with Coutinho, as a pair they are going to cause some teams nightmares.

I don’t think anybody questioned his ability, it was clear to see. The main criticism was getting shrugged off the ball in key areas. Probably because the level of opponent was a lot stronger than he was used to playing against.

He’s improved this area of his game already and is using his body much better now.  I think it’s taken him a while to raise his game to this level but he’s looking much more confident now. He’ll only get better. 

• Thanks 1

I've wanted us to sign Buendia for a few seasons now so was ecstatic when we did. I think he got injured pre season game and wasn't right and then Argentina fiasco. I can see why people were upset and his form was poor for a while but he's been great for several games now, even when result didn't go our way. I've seen some comments over the weeks and just seems that some people want to make judgment on player and that's that. Commendations to all who rubbished him but have seen the light

• Like 2

Buendia is surprisingly similar to Jack actually. He's got that quick burst of pace and can turn on a sixpence, weight of pass is great and those reverse passes too which Jack was very good at. The big plus is that he does stays on his feet and speeds the game up rather than slowing it down. Emi is gonna score a worldly soon I can feel it!

• Like 1

For the first time since Jack, I wanted everyone to get the ball to him as quickly as possible in the United game.  On confidence and he just wasn't losing the ball - so slick, always created space - this is the Emi we wanted.  May it long continue.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I much prefer Buendias style of play to Grealish slowing the game down trying to win free kicks. 

I can't agree. I would love to see Jack back at VP and mixing it with Coutinho, Buendia and Bailey - that would be some four options for Stevie's two "10's" and would allow for really exciting rotation/subs. Maybe in the next summer window - a cheeky £50m bid and Sasha in his ear telling him to get himself back to Brum!

Still, loving Buendia as well and think his game is now starting to progress in the way we all hoped it would.

• Confused 1

On 15/01/2022 at 23:35, gwi1890 said:

The ball he plays in for Cash at 0.43 mark , Cash can’t react ,Emi sees things others can’t 

I do think if it was on the other wing, Digne would have been on the move to get that pass.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jono62 said:

I do think if it was on the other wing, Digne would have been on the move to get that pass.

That's where the squad needs to get to, as hard as some work, which is great, if there is a gap in the talent then those passes won't be killers.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TRO said:

and then you go one to elaborate and agree.

Thats the point, he wasn't palying well initially and now he is.

confused.

My point was that he was indeed playing well initially, doing a lot of good work that some ppl didn't manage to see and showed much promise. Hence he didn't deserve the things ppl threw at him and the questioning of him early on.

He has then stepped up a level and become for example motm against Man U.

To put it in simpler words he wasn't shit/crap/waste of money before (not saying you have said that) and excellent now, he was really good and promising before and excellent now.

Â