Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Wezbid said:

There is that but he also knows where the opposition is, I saw it today, he knew exactly where to position himself to protect the ball. He dug his boots in ready to protect the ball. He didn't dive when the contact happened he stayed on his feet and got that shot on target 1st half. 

Its mad that he has gone from looking too weak for the prem to looking one of the strongest pound for pound in the space of a month. Someone must have been working with him on how to protect the ball as it has been an incredible change

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Another high quality performance today from him. He’s a difference maker for us. 

My favourite moment was him squaring up to Mina in the first half, despite being about a foot shorter. 

I’d probably back Buendia in that scrap too. 

Our own baby faced assassin

7 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Its mad that he has gone from looking too weak for the prem to looking one of the strongest pound for pound in the space of a month. Someone must have been working with him on how to protect the ball as it has been an incredible change

I think it was confidence too. He was almost trying too hard early weeks while getting up to speed with pace of the league. Hence his visible frustration. He seems a lot happier now.

I always liked Buendia and thought he’d come good - he’d performed well in the Pl before and the Norwich fans spoke so highly of him I couldn’t believe he’d flop. I’m really glad we’re finally seeing the player we were hoping for.

I always expected him to be good with the ball at his feet but he’s a great header of the ball and a bit of a terrier off it too. Quality player.

Norwich fans said his main issue was his temper, and he was prone to getting yellows or even reds. Thankfully he doesn’t seem to have brought that issue with him though, he’s been quite disciplined whenever I’ve seen him!

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

38 million Bargain. Thankyou very much Norwich 

I think there is so much more to come from him as well. My old fella says he is already looking potentially one of the most gifted players he has seen  at VP for many a year and he has been watching us for 70 odd years 

Yes. I think there is alot more to come as well.and i now understand why Norwich fans felt he was their greatest player ever. He is moving into the start of his prime now  Playing with better players and starting to really shine amongst them. A very very clever player with an added shot of tenacity

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Another high quality performance today from him. He’s a difference maker for us. 

My favourite moment was him squaring up to Mina in the first half, despite being about a foot shorter. 

I’d probably back Buendia in that scrap too. 

I also liked that but i would not like to see the match up in a boxing ring ;)

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The way he protects the ball is very much like Jack I think. Uses his body very well. Perhaps he's also picked up some tips from Meatball! 

• Like 1

Emi Buendía has been my favourite Aston Villa player since the day we signed him in the summer. I was really disappointed when we didn't end up getting him the previous summer. And I'm so happy that for a month or so now he's played so well, as well as he often played for Norwich. I watched quite a lot of his assists and goals for Norwich and thought 'wow, this guy is class!' He was their star, their standout player, like Grealish was for us.

• Thanks 1

I’m starting to warm to him more as a person. He looks happier and isn’t throwing his hands around as much as he was. I’m guessing this goes hand in hand with playing better. He’s improved since Gerrard came in. It’s like Deano didn’t know what to do with him. Now he looks like he has a purpose in the team and is getting clear instructions on what to do. 

Edited by WHY

2 hours ago, robby b said:

Emi Buendía has been my favourite Aston Villa player since the day we signed him in the summer. I was really disappointed when we didn't end up getting him the previous summer. And I'm so happy that for a month or so now he's played so well, as well as he often played for Norwich. I watched quite a lot of his assists and goals for Norwich and thought 'wow, this guy is class!' He was their star, their standout player, like Grealish was for us.

Exactly my thoughts. Wanted him for ages also, what a player.

• Like 1

this might sound strange but hes similar to brian o driscoll. at a young age everyone could see the genius and flair but doubted the physicality. bod grew into it and became a savage and both he and emi have the low center of gravity that makes them a hanfull for defenders.

put the whiskey down now. no im having a great night. shurup

Â