Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Never doubted his quality, or the fact that he’d come good, the only little concern I did have early on was his size, he seemed to get bullied off the ball quite a bit. 

That has improved massively over the last few games, he seems really strong on the ball and an absolute terrier without it. When you look at him, though small in height, he’s a bit of a unit in terms of his upper body. 

The kid is going to become a legend here, I can’t think of many technically gifted  players that work so hard. 

He’s an absolute joy to watch. 

10 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Yes people were impatient with him to begin with, but we as a side were awful and struggling to incorporate his abilities. It was clear we had a talented player on our hands though, the other players just needed to be on the same wavelength. 

Just the typical fickle fans every club has. If your not amazing straight away your shit and a write off attitude.. 

27 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I didn't honestly sit here and say that. I've read criticism on here that he can't pass, is lazy, scared of a tackle and even that he has less tanacity than a 12 year old.

His performances at the start were inconsistent, with only small glimpses of his brilliance but those criticisms were all clearly drivel even at the time.

Now the more MOTM performances he puts in and the longer his highlight reel grows the funnier they become.

i think most people were rightly calling him out on poor/average performances especially considering the price tag. there's nothing wrong with that. those saying those things you claim were obviously over the top though.

Buendia has been very consistent for several games now and his fitness is looking way better.

First-half particularly I thought he was great at Everton, ok second-half was different but it was tough for everyone.

He has that low centre of gravity and ability to ride a challenge like so many wonderful South American players before him which is fantastic for driving the team forward.

Didn't see much of a link between Coutinho and Buendia but I think Ramsey will work very well with the two of them also.

Hopefully the management team can work on this over the break coming up.

2 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Just the typical fickle fans every club has. If your not amazing straight away your shit and a write off attitude.. 

I think as well that whether consciously or subconsciously people we’re always going to compare him to Grealish, which is incredibly unfair. 

To compare him to Grealish though, and totally contradict what I’ve said above, to get this guy for £35m after selling Jack for £100m is the deal of the summer. 

Jack is not worth £65m more than Emi. 

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

Never doubted his quality, or the fact that he’d come good, the only little concern I did have early on was his size, he seemed to get bullied off the ball quite a bit. 

That has improved massively over the last few games, he seems really strong on the ball and an absolute terrier without it. When you look at him, though small in height, he’s a bit of a unit in terms of his upper body. 

The kid is going to become a legend here, I can’t think of many technically gifted  players that work so hard. 

He’s an absolute joy to watch. 

It was always going to take time for him to get back up to speed with the PL. He needed to get a feel of the physicality required in this league. He's not going to brush off Abdoulaye Doucoure as easily as he was Daniel Johnson for example.

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think as well that whether consciously or subconsciously people we’re always going to compare him to Grealish, which is incredibly unfair. 

To compare him to Grealish though, and totally contradict what I’ve said above, to get this guy for £35m after selling Jack for £100m is the deal of the summer. 

Jack is not worth £65m more than Emi. 

This.

Can anyone share a comparison of the two so far this season in the PL, I'd be interested to see the statistics? 

He’s benefitting a lot from gerrard’s arrival and style of play.

Under smith he had to start much wider and there was no one he could play between the lines with which is where he likes to operate. Our midfield was typically a combination of McGinn, Ashley young, Bailey etc and dominating the centre of the park wasn’t the game plan. Under gerrard he now has players like Ramsay and coutinho in and around him and the goal is to dominate the centre and play between the lines. You couldn’t think of two players better suited to the two inside 10 positions than buendia (who likes to start on the right before moving inside) and coutinho (the same but for the left)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, blunther said:

Even when he was losing the ball more early on, it's because he tries things that other players won't. 

Spot on. Westwood anyone? 

3 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

He’s been excellent recently but you can’t honestly sit there and say he didn’t have a poor start. 

But is that really a surprise that a new player who has not played in the Premier League before takes time to adapt?

I think people should start to adjust their expectations. It's great that people come in up and running immediately, but we should always give new players a half season before we can judge them. So when we buy a new frenchman from Ligue 1, do not expect him to make an immediate impact. Great if he does, but I it's not gonna happen most of the times.

• Like 1

Â