Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

So, so happy for Emi. Shut up a former player and dull TalkSport troll too. Absolute baller. So glad to see him finding his groove again. With more creative players on the wings we will start to see those passes and passages of play pay off. Can’t wait. 

This is a new position for him as well. Everything he did with Norwich he did from the right.  Never ever played as a 10 because he got knocked off the ball and struggled to get the time to play the balls he wanted to.  I think that it bodes well looking at yesterday and to a lesser extent Monday where he has been the most creative clever player on the pitch  

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Worth noting that he's actually younger than Grealish too.

Frightening potential.

And now he’s got a bloke called Coutinho next to him. We going to terrorise teams for the rest of the season. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

So, so happy for Emi. Shut up a former player and dull TalkSport troll too. Absolute baller. So glad to see him finding his groove again. With more creative players on the wings we will start to see those passes and passages of play pay off. Can’t wait. 

Some things in life are fairly uncertain, but I'm pretty sure if you have the opposite opinion to Gabby on most things you'll do alright in life.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, allani said:

I think the big difference is that Buendia is always looking to lay the ball off and find the pass - whereas Jack tended to take more people on and end up getting fouled.  So a "give the ball to Jack" policy meant that we were reliant on Jack doing something almost on his own.  Whereas Emi is always trying to link up with someone else and so other players come into play as soon as he gets the ball.  We've moved from Jack and 10 men to a team of 11 players.

Pains me to say, Jack slowed the game down which gave the opposition time to get set.  Emi (and the team) moving the ball faster and with one touch, it creates space and opportunities.

we have creativity now, we had a creative player before, big difference

• Like 1

I said it when we signed him that he plays more similarly to de bruye than Jack, he's much less of a dribbler but always looking for the forward pass.

Just needs to add some goals as the creativity has been there, even when he wasn't playing at his best earlier in the season.

Great attitude and a winner, Bruno Fernandes is the same, a horrible player to play against but you want those time of characters on your side.

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's Bizarre love triangle by New Order (not True Faith) and it was released before any of the players on our team were born.

And by God what a refreshing change to the usual dreadful video montage music. 

I have tk say the first time I watched it I had no volume and enjoyed the video more because I was concentrating fully on the skills. I watched it again when I found out New Order was the music and I was too busy listening to the music 😂😂👂🎶

• Like 1

Man utds defensive shape was actually really good last night...every time we recycled the ball they closed off all the passing lanes well and pressed hard. We couldn't get out for the first 30 as there was no option.

However this was why buendia was so important, he was so creative that they couldn't contain him, so much so it pulled their defensive lines out of shape, and allowed us to take control.

He was a joy to watch last night, the player that the Norwich fans told us we were getting; Its lovely to watch a player when they just click, bravo sir!

Cant wait to see the partnership he strikes up with Coutinho in the coming months....potentially mouthwatering!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Some things in life are fairly uncertain, but I'm pretty sure if you have the opposite opinion to Gabby on most things you'll do alright in life.

Yeah, like whether to have that extra gourmet cheeseburger and 5 pints before training whilst being paid £100,000 a week by the club you purportedly love. 

Just a few weeks ago he used to get pushed off the ball so easily. 

Now anytime tackles him, I feel like he will come out on top, and often does.

Really good player, and considering the position he plays a real bargain too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I’m going to go there with my tin hat at the ready, but Jack doesn’t run the game like Buendia did yesterday, that was special. 

We have an absolute baller here, £30/40m or whatever we paid is looking like an absolute bargain, 

Thats the player, I thought we had bought....I just hope he can keep that form going.

He looked fired up and bags of Belief.....He had that look about him saying " I want to do well ,here"

also ,players like PC and LD will inspire the others, no doubt in my mind, we just need that class defender.

Buendia, looked comfortable that his passes would be dealt with well....that too is important to the belief.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Thats the player, I thought we had bought....I just hope he can keep that form going.

He looked fired up and bags of Belief.....He had that look about him saying " I want to do well ,here"

also ,players like PC and LD will inspire the others, no doubt in my mind, we just need that class defender.

Buendia, looked comfortable that his passes would be dealt with well....that too is important to the belief.

Agreed mate. At times this season he has looked to be on a different wavelength from the rest of the team which then makes his passes look misplaced. 

Playing with better will improve him even more. 

18 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Buendia is a complete baller, all those people questioning his ability need to have a head wobble, clearly a baller.

What i love about him is he is absolute quality on the ball, some of the passes he tries are sublime, but also he works his a** off tracking back and hustling, what a player.

Buneida should be one of the first names on the team sheet, and with Coutinho, as a pair they are going to cause some teams nightmares.

To be fair Mav....his play wasn't delivering that level of performance, hence the doubts, from fans.

It just goes to show, its not just talent alone, because that was always there.....its belief, desire, workrate and the belief in your team mates as well as yourself.

There was a spell of around 25 minutes towards the end, that we was passing it around like Chelsea.....but I still think "Off the ball" we still have some way to go and the first half highlighted that... some quality defensive players will help us with that.

That was Buendia's best game for us and if we have players, who can capitalise on his deft threaded balls , we have a player on our hands.......He was well committed in his duels too.

very good performance from him.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, allani said:

I think the big difference is that Buendia is always looking to lay the ball off and find the pass - whereas Jack tended to take more people on and end up getting fouled.  So a "give the ball to Jack" policy meant that we were reliant on Jack doing something almost on his own.  Whereas Emi is always trying to link up with someone else and so other players come into play as soon as he gets the ball.  We've moved from Jack and 10 men to a team of 11 players.

I agree with this.

I’d still say jack is comfortably the better player when on form because he’s pretty much good at everything going forward (apart from finishing) and his dribbling/ball retention/touch is world class.

but I’d say that buendia is a better passer of the ball- particularly those through balls of the type that led to the 2nd goal.They are inch perfect and there are few players better at them in the league

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TRO said:

To be fair Mav....his play wasn't delivering that level of performance, hence the doubts, from fans.

It just goes to show, its not just talent alone, because that was always there.....its belief, desire, workrate and the belief in your team mates as well as yourself.

There was a spell of around 25 minutes towards the end, that we was passing it around like Chelsea.....but I still think "Off the ball" we still have some way to go and the first half highlighted that... some quality defensive players will help us with that.

That was Buendia's best game for us and if we have players, who can capitalise on his deft threaded balls , we have a player on our hands.......He was well committed in his duels too.

very good performance from him.

ye 100% i agree he wasnt performing at his current levels when he first joined, but that isnt the same as "omg this guy is c***", "omg we bought a dud who cant kick a ball" etc etc.

My point was more people were questioning his ability, which for me wasnt ever in question, anyone who had seen the best of Buendia pre Villa, would know he has talent.

Granted its taken time for him to settle, get fit and get up to speed etc, and apply that talent here, but it didnt change the fact that, that talent was always there, was my point.

A bit like us signing Coutinho, he may not have shown his talent recently due to "circumstances", but you cant deny he has talent.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

I agree with this.

I’d still say jack is comfortably the better player when on form because he’s pretty much good at everything going forward (apart from finishing) and his dribbling/ball retention/touch is world class.

but I’d say that buendia is a better passer of the ball- particularly those through balls of the type that led to the 2nd goal.They are inch perfect and there are few players better at them in the league

I agree with most of this. However, Grealish’s weight of pass was absolutely sublime. I’d say Buendia’s vision and desire to speed up the game is better. 

Â