Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

The ball he plays in for Cash at 0.43 mark , Cash can’t react ,Emi sees things others can’t 

My brother who's a Spurs fan saw that and was reminded of how Kyle Walker was rarely on Christian Eriksen's wavelength in situations like that. Players like that are always trying to play the ball into your path, so you have to be on the move. Got caught on his heels.

It's lovely to see that he's finally settled and is getting up to speed.

Absolutely excellent today. Getting better and better.

Him playing like this and Coutinho in the same team is so exciting

8 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Just think during the World Cup, we could see - Martinez, Buendia, Luiz, Coutinho, Digne and Mings.  That’s not unthinkable and amazing really, 

Cash and McGinn could still make it too...

10 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Found it!

0:24 mark

You can see his confidence has gone up. Smiling more. More confident body language. I think he is going to be sensational . We have him under contract for 4.5 years more. He has never played with top top players before and he is now going to whilst entering the prime of his career. We as a fanbase are also getting used to the fact that he will always lose the ball from time to time.. Grealish was a freak in that respect , better at keeping the ball than anyone else in the prem. But Buendia can do stuff even Grealish cannot 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

You can see his confidence has gone up. Smiling more. More confident body language. I think he is going to be sensational . We have him under contract for 4.5 years more. He has never played with top top players before and he is now going to whilst entering the prime of his career. We as a fanbase are also getting used to the fact that he will always lose the ball from time to time.. Grealish was a freak in that respect , better at keeping the ball than anyone else in the prem. But Buendia can do stuff even Grealish cannot 

Grealish knew the art of winning a free kick. He managed a few yesterday for City. Beundia hasn’t clocked that yet.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Brilliant brilliant player. His work rate is phenomenal, there are very few flair players in world football that work as hard. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Brilliant brilliant player. His work rate is phenomenal, there are very few flair players in world football that work as hard. 

Yeh he is everywhere which is why he rarely finishes 90 minutes. He managed it yesterday so good to see his fitness has improved for the league 

• Like 1

I think he’s great, and he’s only going to get better once him and the others develop more understanding of each other’s play. 
Some of his passes and work on the ball yesterday was fantastic. He did give the ball away in a few dangerous positions, but that was in the first half and we were pretty poor across the board unfortunately in the first 30mins at least.

I’m going to go there with my tin hat at the ready, but Jack doesn’t run the game like Buendia did yesterday, that was special. 

We have an absolute baller here, £30/40m or whatever we paid is looking like an absolute bargain, 

People were writing Emi2 off earlier this season, but sometimes it just takes time to settle and bring the noize. Some folks take whole seasons to get to the right place mentally and physically. Very pleased we’re finally seeing him show what we all knew he was capable of.

Plus the time it takes for a coach to fully appreciate how to best deploy a new signing can’t be underestimated. 

Think we’re getting to that stage now.

11 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

He gives the ball away because he is constantly trying things.

I don't mind that.

At last, common sense.  You want your creative players to make those risky passes, not play safe for the sake of completion stats! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I’m going to go there with my tin hat at the ready, but Jack doesn’t run the game like Buendia did yesterday, that was special. 

We have an absolute baller here, £30/40m or whatever we paid is looking like an absolute bargain, 

I think the big difference is that Buendia is always looking to lay the ball off and find the pass - whereas Jack tended to take more people on and end up getting fouled.  So a "give the ball to Jack" policy meant that we were reliant on Jack doing something almost on his own.  Whereas Emi is always trying to link up with someone else and so other players come into play as soon as he gets the ball.  We've moved from Jack and 10 men to a team of 11 players.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, allani said:

I think the big difference is that Buendia is always looking to lay the ball off and find the pass - whereas Jack tended to take more people on and end up getting fouled.  So a "give the ball to Jack" policy meant that we were reliant on Jack doing something almost on his own.  Whereas Emi is always trying to link up with someone else and so other players come into play as soon as he gets the ball.  We've moved from Jack and 10 men to a team of 11 players.

Spot on. Good post

Â